#13 Max - Double World Champion

KENZIE POV.: This week, we're racing in Suzuka, Japan. Max has nice and easy advantage above all his competitors, mostly Charles. Odds are, that he might cling the title this weekend, or the next, in Austin. He just needs to be clear about 8 points from Charles and 9 from Sergio, when you count all 5 race-wins and fastest laps. Seems easy, but it's not seateling at all...
He says that it's not a big deal, but I know that deep down, he wants to have that title already...
Whole team is hopefull, to make it true, but the weather and Ferrari's speed is giving us a hard time, as it rains a lot AND both Charles and Carlos look like they found wings here. That's not good if you ask me...

Right now, the whole race is postponed, as big pouring occured, making it impossible for the guys to drive. In the Formation lap alone we almost lost 4 cars out of 20..!
-How do you feel, hm?- I asked Max, as he sat down, trading my fingers through his. It's almost like second nature to us by now, when we're next to one another, Max turns his palm open for me to take when he feels like it, or wants some comfort.
-Aggitated. That's the best word I think..- he shrugged his shoulders and gave my hand a swift squezze -Wanna still race and see the outcome already...
-I know Schats. But no matter what, I'm gonna be proud of you, just like Fam, the team and your Army- I assured him and scooted closer, resting my chin on his shoulder and holding his hand in both mine.
-I know that. But still...- I could easly feel his boiling emocions, and felt a bit sorry for him. The pressure...
-Maybe don't think about it like that? Just focus on driving, or lack of it in this case, and we'll dwell on the result when we get there?- I suggested, finishing my sentence by soft and small kiss on his cheek, before I returned to my ealier position and looked at the screen in front of us just like he did.
-I'll try. But I'm not promising anything- without seeing it, I knew he smiled at that moment. His true and wide smile he prefers to hide from the fans and all of the people outside from his inner circle. The one I immersly adore...
-I'm really happy you're here, with me, you know? I need it..- he said next, turning a bit to look me in the eye.
-Whatever you need my Love. I'm always with you- we both knew that I'm speaking from depth of my heart.
Instead of an answer, Max leaned in, and kissed me softly, making me hum happily, as I placed my right hand on his cheek.
-No matter when or where. Remember that- I whispered when we parted, making him smile and place a loving kiss on my forehead.
-You know I do. Always- everybody knows Max sometimes struggles with talking about his emotions, but I'm happy to see him open and honest with me when he feels safe. I just love him to the moon and back...

....
After a VERY LONG wait, the race FINALLY resumed, pretty quickly placing a confident double podium for the team, with Max comfortably in the lead, and Checo hunting down Charles in second, making him slow down in the process. Instead of racing Max, Leclerc was stuck with defending from our own Mexican Minister of Defence, reminding me that I, once again, just like the team, own Checo a huge bottle of tequila...
Nerves were high, as Christian and the team tried to help Max however they could, and counting the points to figure out, if with this finish, Max will be a Champion or not. My leg was boncing and hands shaking with nerves, as I was constantly on the phone with Vicky, sharing the nerves with her. It's a shame that her and the whole fam can't be here to witness him win, but we all know that it's his time now... His time to shine...
-Is he actually winning the Championship right now, or not?- Victoria asked me for n-th time, making me roll my eyes at her playfully.
-I don't know V! The points are a mess...- I replied and added -Besides, we still don't know if the stewards are going to give out full points, or only halfes, like at Spa last year...
-Right. So we won't know until after the race?!
-Pretty much, yeah.
-Whhhyyy?!- she whined like unhappy little girl who was ordered to go to sleep earlier than usual.
-It is as it is Vicky. We all are stressed enough right now.
-I wish I could be there with you two.. Or just Mom and Dad...
-I know. I wish that too... But we weren't sure that it might be the case, don't we?
-Yeah. It still sucks tho...- even though I know she cannot see me, I nodded in agreement. This whole weekend in Japan is almost nerve-wracking, but still it won't top the nerves from Abu Dhabi...
I talked with Vicky for whole race, and then hung up, as we cheered for Max's win. But we still didn't knew, if he's a Champion or not?!

....
I got to hug and kiss Max at the parc Ferme, cheering with him. It was a huge reward for me, to see him smile so wide, being as happy as he's. I felt pride and immerse joy surge through my veins, only wishing to feel how estatic he is, still hiped up by the adrenaline of winning.
But then, impossible happened...
They're almost ordered to go to the podium, when Max was called back, because, he ACTUALLY IS a Champion!!
-O my god! I can't believe it!- I squealed with joy, hugging Brad and some other crew members close to me. Turns out, that Charles got a penalty, making him fall to 3rd and score only 15 points, instead of 18. The gap we needed...
-I actually won..!
-YES!! I'm so fucking proud of you! You did it again mjin Schats!- I yelled, when he came to me, wrapping my arms tightly around him, not minding the camera filming us.
-It's thanks to you. My lucky Charm..!
-You don't need luck Baby! You're Fucking DOUBLE WORLD Champion!- I told him proundly and pressed kiss to his cheek, before he stepped back a bit and kissed me lovingly on the lips.
-I love you...
-Love you too Champ- I replied, and let him go, for him to hug his team once again. Happines was radiating from him, and everyone felt it. Other drivers coming to him, such as Charles, Lando, Carlos, Mick and some others, to congratulate him. It was a dream come true, even if an impossible one...
From then on, I knew, that my Max is on his way to do extraordinary things, only if he has right people beside him...
THE END

Looks like the dreams actually do come true..!?
Max IS a Double World champion!!!
I'm happy about it, but also angry at Ferrari to ruin Charles's chances to have one too!
So a bit of conflict of interests here...
I'm happy nevertheless!
Let me know you opinion in the coments!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.