#109 Lewis - Lack of support

NARRATOR POV: The Singapore Grand Prix was a challenging race for everyone, and Lewis Hamilton wasn't an exception. The Marina Bay Street Circuit was notorious for its sweltering heat and tricky corners, making it a true test of a driver's skill and endurance. Throughout the race, Lewis had battled fiercely, and as the final laps approached, he found himself in a hard-fought third place.
Beside him in the paddock, his girlfriend Angelina Walker, a six-time World Champion of Motocross, had been watching the race with bated breath. She knew the intensity of Formula 1 and the kind of pressure Lewis faced as he vied for another podium finish.
As the final lap commenced, Lewis was locked in a fierce battle with George Russell, his teammate at Mercedes. They were pushing each other to the limit, both hungry for a podium finish. But in the last frenzied moments of the race, disaster struck.
George lost control of his car, crashing it into the barriers and effectively ending his race. Lewis managed to avoid the wreckage and crossed the finish line in third place, securing a podium finish.
Exhausted but elated, Lewis pulled into the parc ferme, expecting to celebrate with his team and bask in the glory of another podium finish. However, to his surprise, no one from his team was there to greet him. Toto Wolff, the team principal, Bono and the rest of the crew were conspicuously absent.
Confused and disappointed, Lewis looked around, searching for an explanation. Angelina, who had hurried down to the paddock, sensed Lewis's frustration. She wrapped her arms around him above the barrier and gave him a comforting squeeze.
-Hey Baby! You did an amazing job out there- Angelina said, her voice filled with admiration and praise. Lewis smiled, appreciating her support.
-Thanks, Angel. But where is everyone else? This is strange.

As Lewis and Angelina talked, George Russell walked back to the garage, clearly upset and frustrated. Tears welled up in his eyes, and he looked inconsolable.
Angelina's temper flared. She had always been fiercely protective of Lewis, and seeing him left without the celebration he deserved made her furious. Without a second thought, when he was whisked away for podium, she stormed into the Mercedes garage, her voice echoing with righteous anger.
-What the actuall fuck is going on here?- she shouted, her eyes blazing.
Toto along with the rest of the team heard her and turned to see Angelina's fiery presence. Toto, usually calm and composed, was taken aback by her fury, as Angelina continued, her voice unwavering.
-Do you all forgot who brought you eight Constructors' Championships and seven Drivers' Championships? Who stood by you all those years, even when he had full imbox of other contracts?! The one who you promised that lost eighth title to? Without Lewis, you wouldn't have those titles, and you all know it!- she yelled, her furious gaze scareing everybody.
-It's not a point to yell...- Toto came to her, to talk and calm her down. But this time, nor ever, his posture didn't intimidate her.
-As fuck it is!? Especially when You all need a violent wake-up call!!- she raised her voice again and then pointed at George, who was still visibly upset.
-And now you're more concerned with coddling that bratty, cry-baby George than celebrating with Lewis? Turning your backs on YOUR CHAMPION for some future-wannabe?!
-Angelina, it's not that— Toto tried to explain, but Angelina cut him off, her tone sharp:
-No, Toto. It's not acceptable. Loyalty should be to the one who has brought you success time and time again. Lewis deserved better than this! Even fucking FERRARI celebrated with him!! He had better welcome in Ferrari and McLaren than you served him! THEY celebrated along YOUR champion like you should have!!
As Angelina's yelled out words hung in the air, the Mercedes team members exchanged uncomfortable glances. They knew she was right. Lewis Hamilton was a legend, and his achievements were unparalleled in the world of Formula 1. But more than that, he was their legend and leader, their star, who they failed.
Toto finally nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation.
-You're right, Angelina. We should have been there to celebrate with Lewis. I'll talk to the team and make sure this doesn't happen again.
-Good. Lewis deserves all the recognition and celebration he gets- Angelina nodded in satisfaction, her anger subsiding -Especially after sticking up with you through those desasters of a cars for past 2 years- she couldn't help, but be salty about it. What Lewis won't say 'cause of his loyality to the team, she didn't have those barriers, or simply given fucks.
With that, she turned on her heel and left the garage, her point made. She knew that her fiery outburst had been necessary to remind the team where their loyalty should lie—with the driver who had carried them to victory time and time again, through pain and tears and dissapointments.

....
And later, when Lewis finally made his way back to the paddock from the media interviews and the podium ceremony itself, he found out about the havoc his girlfriend woke in the garage at his absence. Even tho he felt it wasn't that much needed, as he still stood by his team, he couldn't help but smile at Angelina's unwavering support. With her by his side, he knew he had someone who would always have his back, no matter the circumstances.
-Oh Angel... What I would do without you?- he asked, shaking his head, as they looked into each others eyes, in the quiet corner of the garage, in mids of celebrations.
-You can always count on me Baby, remember that. Whatever it is fighting your battles with you, or for you, when you cannot.
-I love you Angie.
-I love you too- they kissed softly and then allowed themselves to join the celebrations. Talks with Toto and the team will be done much later, being a "tomorrow Lewis" problem...
But todays' events were also a reminder that sometimes, in the high-stakes world of Formula 1, loyalty and appreciation could be found in unexpected places, and that the support of loved ones meant more than any championship trophy.
THE END

Something which I wrote back in November, during the Singapore GP.
I hope you like it, even if it's a bit angsty...?!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.