#9 Lewis - Christmas promises and announcements

ANGELINA POV.: This year, we're spending New Year's Eve in our house in London, with both sides of the family. We're very excited about it, because we don't see all of them much during the year, at least not as much as we'd like to, because of our tight work schedules and other commitments. It really makes Christmas and other celebrations that much special...

Right now, we're all here, with all the cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews, siblings and parents, gathered in one place, sitting around the huge dining table, eating and chatting about our year. This way we all can catch up to what's everyone been up to since we last saw them, and it makes us happy, as we're very invested in our family.
I'm sitting between Lewis and my brother Robert, laughing with them at some joke my dad made, feeling happy and carefree. Finally I can be happy with all the people I care about and cherish the time I have with them. Time flies and I think no one knows what's the moment you're gonna have last with some of the people around you...
-Hey...- low whisper at my right and light squeeze on my thigh made me looks at Lewis, coming back to the moment from my thoughts.
-Hm?- I just hummed in response, looking him in the eye.
-Where have you been, hm? You're spacing out a lot today...- he said, returning the look with care and confusion written on his face.
-It's fine. Just thinking about the future... Time flies you know?- I replied, subtly placing my hand right above the left side of his hip bone, touching the special tattoo there. It's almost full two years since she's gone...
-Yeah. But I'm grateful for you in my life just the same...- he replied, placing his own hand on mine, above his hip.
-Love you..
-Love you too- Lew agreed and kissed me softly but shortly, as we're still watched by our family. Keep it PG rated for the kiddos, you know?!
-I want presents!- Willow requested, making all of us look at her -We're eating breakfast long enough!
-OK Willy, will you do the honors and give each person their present with the rest of the kids then?- was decided shortly after that, as Lew's niece was right, we've been eating for over an hour...
To follow Willow's request, everyone moved to the living room and found a place to sit for themselves, resuming the chatter. It was really nice to have everyone here... Especially with the news I'm gonna break to everyone...
As her mother said, Willow and the rest of the kids started to give every one their present right away, sporting big grins on their faces.
I wanted to sit on the couch with my brother and Nic, but Lew had other ideas, as he pulled me down onto his lap, making us both sit on one of the armchairs. I didn't said anything to that, just threaded my fingers with his over my stomach, smiling to myself. 'Just a few minutes...'- I thought, feeling giddy like a kid. I cannot wait to see his reaction...

...
Eventually, everyone got their presents. Both Lew and me requested to each other to open one of the presents last, and we knew right away that they were from us.
I got many nice things, like new sweats as I keep stealing Lew's, new make up palette, headphones with tiny purple 44's and pink 11's all over them, visible because of white background, and many other stuff.
But then, it was time for the last presents...
-Open mine first- Lew said with shiny eyes.
-OK- I smiled, tearing the wrapping paper away and spotting the logo of the jeweller he got my engagement ring. A little confused I opened it, and saw gorgeous set of a necklace and a ring. Very stunning ring..
-Lew... They're beautiful...
-You like it?
-I love it! But why the ring tho? We're engaged already?- I was confused.
-It's a promise ring...- he explained, ignoring all the stares of our family -I want to give it to you, as a reminder of a promise I'm gonna make now and try to follow for the rest of our lives...
-Love...- I got my voice stuck in my throat, feeling more and more emotional every passing second. And I know who I can thank for that...?!
-I want to promise you, that I'm gonna..- he also got emocional looking at me with tears in his eyes -That I'm gonna stand by you no matter what, I'm gonna keep loving you more and more every day as you deserve, fighting your battles with you, caring for you, and encourage you to be better for yourself every day...- he had to pause to swallow tears -That I won't ever doubt you or our love, what we have, even when even my own head would try to tell me otherwise... You're my sun and I want to give you the best in the world, because you deserve that and nothing less... I love you Angel and I want you to remember that every single day..- at that point we both were fully crying, hugging each other close.
-I love you so much Lew... Till forever...- I said after that, choking on my own tears -I think this is the best moment for you to open your present..- I said, swiping on my cheeks to dry the tears from them even tho they're still falling down on my cheeks.
-Alright- he agreed, but still held me close to himself, stopping for a few seconds to place loving kiss on my shoulder. I watched him in ancipation as he tore the paper away, curious what's inside. The box was rather small, but not tiny either and made me smile through tears. Whole fam was watching us in ancipation, besides the kids, who already were playing with their new toys.
Lewis struggled a bit with my wrapping, as I placed another box inside the one he's holding, also wrapped in decoration paper. But after few minutes the secret was revealed, making him stop for a few seconds in disbelieve.
-Are you happy?- I asked him softly, looking at his shocked face. The tiny copy of his racing boots with caption: "I'm gonna be a racer one day too daddy!" threw him off guard for few seconds.
-Is it real? You're not joking with me right now?-  he asked, lifting his gaze to look me in the eye.
-I would never joke about it Baby. You know that...- I replied, watching him lift the gift out of the box, making the female part of the fam take short intake of breath.
-Is it what I think is it?- Carmen said, watching us wide-eyed.
-I'm gonna be a dad!- Lew finally "came back to earth" and said loudly, smiling from ear to ear and holding me in tight hug.
-You are!- I confirmed, feeling the happiest I've been in a while. Even the feeling I got after winning championship this year couldn't top it off... And our fam cheering in joy made it only more perfect...
-We're gonna be parents...
-Yeah. In 30 weeks this tiny human will be with us!- I said looking him in the eye and letting him kiss me shortly after that. It felt like I'm gonna bust from the happiness I felt...
And then we got tons of congratulations and words of happiness from the fam, grinning like the cat from "Alice in the Wonderland"...
I think I can easily say that this is the best Christmas I've ever had...
THE END

And we have the last Christmas themed One Shot for this year!
I hope you like it...
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.