Chapter 36

NOT EDITED

This chapter is for @Thatsnakygirl. Thank you for reading my story. She also writes Xichen fanfic guys so go and check it out! Let's support one another, yay! ✨

Chapter 36

Everyone is preparing for the upcoming war between the Wen sect and other clans. The disciples who participated in the war started doubling their training to make sure their bodies and skills were ready for the war. The leaders on the other hand continue in making their plan. They help each other in forming good strategies.

They are all in the Impure Realm in the Nie clan. Currently, they are finishing their plan so they can explain it to the cultivators who will participate.

Wei Daiyu contributed a lot in making their plan. She became the brain of the group with the additional inputs of other leaders like her brother Wuxian and the Twin Jades. For Daiyu this is one way to help them. She can be their brain in making the plan. Since she already knows what will happen in the war because she read it before she was sucked into the cultivation world, it will be easy for her to create a good plan to defeat the Wen sect, especially Wen Rouhan. She knows his plan and that is their advantage.

Daiyu has been looking for answers on how are they going to equal or overpass the Yin Iron that Wen Rouhan has been using. She went to Jiang's library but there were only a few books about Yin Iron so it didn't help much. Luckily, Xichen was there and he said that their clan might have some books about the artifact. She immediately agreed so Xichen wrote a letter to his father and uncle, telling them about the situation. And to her delight, she got a positive response. They sent her the books she needed and she studied them for days and finally... she found the answer.

The Yin Iron is an artifact that is full of resentful energy. It is a powerful tool that can kill a lot of cultivators. It is a dangerous weapon and if it is in the wrong hands, then it is much dangerous.

While studying, Daiyu found out that the only thing that can equal the Yin Iron is an artifact that is the opposite of it. An artifact that is full of spiritual energy. The total opposite of Yin Iron. However, there is no tool like that and it is impossible to make an artifact like that. Even though she and her brother make a lot of inventions, making a spiritual artifact is not possible.

Maybe they can.

But it will take years... or decades.

That is why it leads her to another solution. And that is by Spiritual attack. This method needs thousands of cultivators to make it possible. Spiritual attacking is by giving spiritual energy to the Yin Iron or the cultivator who is using it. When Daiyu talks to Wen Qing about Wen Rouhan's current condition, she tells her that the Wen sect leader is now dependent on the energy of Yin Iron. He is not getting spiritual energy anymore which makes his core weak. Wen Qing explained to her that Wen Rouhan insists on a different understanding of cores. He believes that a core can function more with the help of resentful energy, which is why he stopped cultivating spiritual energy and switched to resentful energy. Wen Qing further explained that since Wen Rouhan's core has been filled with resentful energy for almost two years, his core is starting to get overwhelmed by the energy and will start getting fragile like glass.

A golden core cannot cultivate resentful energy that is why golden cores are only for spiritual energy. A cultivator can only cultivate resentful energy if the main source of spiritual energy is gone. Meaning, you need to be coreless to cultivate it properly. But of course, cultivating resentful energy is never easy. Wuxian is the proof of that.