Chapter 35

NOT EDITED

This chapter is for @queen_firely who commented that she reread this story a lot of times already haha.  Thank you for the support!  Muah!

Chapter 35

Lan Xichen cannot remember the last time he experienced so much anger.  He is known as the gentle and calm jade of Gusu.  He is much more approachable and friendly than his younger brother,  Wangji. Ever since he understood the nature of the world,  he already put it to himself to always be calm in every situation.  Do not let your emotions control you, especially anger.  For it will not end well. 

But right now? Xichen feels like he is not the gentle jade anymore. He forgot their rules and cannot stop himself from being angry. 

How dare Wen Chao hurt the woman he badly wants to protect ?!

"X-Xichen"

Looking at his woman,  Xichen's anger increases. 

Daiyu looks so tired,  hurt, and fragile.  He can't believe that he failed her so much.  She saw how tears formed in her eyes and it brought a lot of pain to his heart. 

His Jade. 

Wen Qing understood the situation and left the room for them.  Lan Xichen is thankful for that because right now,  he just wants to have a proper conversation with Daiyu. 

"X-Xichen" she whispers.  Still shocked...and scared?  Why is she scared?  I will never hurt her.  I'd rather end my life than hurt her. 

He walked slowly towards her without breaking their eye contact.  When he was in front of her,  he noticed that her hands were trembling. 

He kneeled in front of her before grabbing both of her hands. 

"T-Tell me, A-Yu...Tell me what happened to you" Xichen is having a hard time controlling his self for Daiyu.  His woman is obviously fragile and sensitive and doesn't want to trigger her. 

Daiyu let out a painful sob and avoided her gaze at him. 

"I-Im s-sorry" she said before letting herself cry. 

Xichen didn't think twice to stand up and hug her.  He let his arms wrap around her.  He lets her feel that he is there.  That she is safe in his arms. 

"I'm sorry. I tried fighting him but I was too weak at that time.  I'm sorry,  Xichen.  I-Im sorry... " Daiyu continued to apologize while crying in the arms of Xichen. 

Daiyu just can't help but feel like she failed Xichen.  That she did something wrong.  That she must have protected herself more not just for her sake but for Xichen.  She wants to be pure for him.  But because of what happened,  he can't help but feel like she is not worth it for him anymore.  He is a respectable and important cultivator,  she doesn't want to ruin his reputation. 

Xichen let go of her before looking at her.  He put his hands on her cheeks and dried the tears on it. 

"Sshh.  Why are apologizing? " Xichen asks as he continues drying her tears.  Daiyu looked at her and didn't answer.  She just showed her sad eyes and didn't bother to reply. 

Xichen knows that she won't answer that's why he puts his forehead on hers to get her attention. 

"Tell me,  my love.  I will listen" he said in his comforting voice. 

Daiyu looked at his eyes that were so close to her.

"I... I just felt like I failed you.  I should have p-protected myself more.  I'm sorry that I am not as pure as other maidens anymore.  I'm sorry that I let him t-touch me... I think... I think it better if you look for another maiden to love now.  It's b- " Before Daiyu could even finish what she was trying to do,  a soft pair of lips smashed onto hers.