Chapter 4

Enjoyyyy

Chapter 4: Lan Xichen

"Lan Xichen?"

I'm just staring at him. I still can't believe that he is in front of me. I'm sure he is Zewujun. But what is he doing here in Yunmeng? Isn't Gusu far from here?

"You know me, young lady?" He is still politely smiling at me, but his eyes are confused. He may be wondering how I got to know him.

I immediately stood properly and bowed respectfully at him.

"Greetings, Young Master Lan. I am a disciple of Jiang Sect." I can't just say my name, right? Why is old Chinese tradition so hard?

He also bowed at me. The only difference is that his bow is much more graceful. I'm now embarrassed because of the way I bowed. But looking at him now, I must say that the description in the book didn't give mercy to his looks. Even though he is still young, his ethereal face is just perfect. I can't find any imperfections on his face. I wonder how Lan Wanji looks.

"Thank you for helping me get this book, Young Master Lan." I politely thank him as I put the book on the two books that I am holding.

"I hope you won't mind me asking, but may I ask how you know me?" he politely asks. Oh, come on, how many times do I have to repeat the word 'polite'? Just bear in mind that he is polite. What do you expect from Gusu Lan?

"Oh well..ahm..I read it somewhere. Yes. Everyone knows you. Though the book doesn't have any photo of you. I just guess that you are him since you are wearing gusu and robes and you are wearing the direct descendant's forehead ribbon." Okay, that was close. Good thing I found an excuse, or else he might think that I am some creepy girl out there.

"Then, young lady, you are surely smart. May I know the name of this disciple since you already know my name?" I can't focus too much because of his face. It's too distracting.

"Oh, this disciple is named Wei Daiyu Young Master Lan," I answered as I bowed. That's the proper way, right?

"I am happy to meet you, Young Lady Wei," he said, and I don't know why I felt like my heart skipped a bit. What the hell is happening? Augh! Just why does he have to be this handsome? He was, after all, ranked first among the most handsome men in the cultivation world. Now I'm looking forward to Lan Wangji, Jin Zixuan, and Nie Minjue.

"It is also an honor to meet the sect heir of the Gusu Lan clan," I said. He just smiled at me, and now I don't know what to do. Should I open a new topic? But I am just a disciple; who am I to talk to him? He is practically a prince.

"It looks like Young Lady Wei loves reading." Okay, he already opened up a topic.

I look at the books that I am holding and answer.

"Well, I guess you can say that, Young Master Lan, I need to gain a lot of knowledge to improve my cultivation." Who am I kidding? I'm just bored, so I choose to read books! I am not the type of person who loves reading books. The only novel that I read is Mo Dao Zu Shi.

"I'm sure that you will be a strong cultivator someday, young lady Wei."

"This disciple appreciates your encouragement, young master Lan." I badly want to go now since I'm scared that I will embarrass myself in front of him.

"Young Master Lan"

And the heavens listened to my prayer. A man, a disciple, appeared. He is a disciple of Gusu Lan since he is wearing white robes and has a forehead ribbon.

Lan Xichen looks at him and nods to him, urging him to continue.

"Your uncle is looking for you, Young Master Lan. He said that he's done with his business here, so we will now go back to Gusu," the disciple said to the first jade.