Chapter 17

NOT EDITED

Chapter 17: Peace before chaos

The Cloud Recesses was a quiet place, a peaceful clan. However, the quiet place of Gusu Lan was disturbed when a certain person decided to end his seclusion. The Gusu Lan was now in shock. Everyone is talking about it. Every disciple.

No one knows why the former sect leader, Qingheng Jun decided to end his seclusion. When he showed up, everyone can't believe what they are seeing. Especially Lan Qiren, who thought he will only see his brother in his seclusion house. But no, his brother is here. Lan Qiren hugged his brother after recovering from the shock.

"Xiongzhang"

Qingheng Jun smiled and patted his brother's back.

"Qiren, it's been a while since you visited. I guess you are very busy with the clan and the lectures?" Qingheng Jun asked while still hugging his brother. It's been two weeks since he last saw his brother. He knows that he was busy. That's why he can't help but feel guilty.

"Sorry, Xiongzhang. I am busy with the lectures and other things connected to our clan." Qiren answered as he stopped hugging his brother. Qingheng Jun just smiled at him and look at the two Lan cultivators inside the room.

The Twin Jades of Gusu.

Qingheng Jun stared at his sons and realized that they look like him with a little mixture of their mother's appearance. Qingheng Jun must admit that both of them are indeed very handsome. Much more handsome than him when he was their age.

"Adie"

He looks at his eldest son. Lan Xichen. His eldest visits him once a week but when the lectures started, he often visits him now, and most of their conversation is about a certain Jiang disciple. Qingheng Jun always feel guilty whenever he saw his eldest son. He was given a big responsibility at a young age because of him. He knows that Xichen doesn't mind being the sect leader but sometimes when he visits him, he can always see the tiredness in his eyes even though Xichen always tries to hide it.

"A-Huan," he said and Xichen went to him and hugged him.

"You did great while being the sect leader A-Huan. I'm so proud of you" He said and patted his son's back. After a few minutes of hugging his son and telling him how sorry he was and that he is now back, he turned his gaze to the other person in the room.

Lan Wangji.

His youngest son. The son he failed to protect when he was still a child. The son who never visited him after his wife died. If there will be one person to who Qingheng Jun wants to badly apologize, that would be his youngest son. Wangji.

"A-Zhan," he said and stepped a little closer to the second jade. Wangji did not even show any emotion. Wangji just looks at him with his cold golden eyes.

And without saying something, he walks out of the room without looking back at his father.

"Wangji come ba-" Qiren tried to stop Wangji but Qingheng Jun just tell him to stop.

"It's fine Qiren. Let's give A-Zhan some time. I know he still blames me for the death of his mother. I deserve it" He said while looking at the door where Wangji walk out to.

Qiren sighed and just nodded.

"Don't worry Adie, A-Zhan will talk to you soon. He was just shocked. Give him time" Xichen said to his father and Qingheng Jun just gave him a small smile.  He knows that it will not be easy but he will not give up. He will now give his attention to his sons. It's time to become a father even though it's already late.