Chapter 39

NOT EDITED

I don't know how to write about wars so I'm sorry in advance.

Chapter 39

Daiyu can't calm down. She keeps on thinking about the war. She can't help but be worried for his brothers, Xichen, and other cultivators who're involved in the war. She tried distracting herself by cooking and picking up some herbs, but her mind always ended up thinking about her loved ones, who she knows are currently fighting the Wens.

She hates it that she can't fight with them since she can't wield her sword anymore because of the lack of a golden core, but she doesn't have a choice anyway.

She's with Wen Qing and Yanli right now, who she didn't notice looking at her as she kept on walking back and forth. 

"Daiyu, stop walking and sit down. Drink some tea first, will you?" Wen Qing can't help but talk. They've been looking at her for a couple of minutes now, and when they realize that Daiyu will not calm down, they choose to speak already. 

Daiyu looked at them and came to realize that she was not alone.

"Oh, sorry," she said before sitting down. Wen Qing offers her some tea, which she gladly accepts and drinks to calm herself.

"Daiyu, I know you're worried. We are too, and we can't do anything now but wait for them and hope that they will be home safely," Yanli comforted her. 

Daiyu sighed.

"It's just... there's something bugging me. There's an unsettling feeling in me that I can't remove. I have a feeling that something bad will happen. That's why I cannot stop myself from calming down," she explained to them. She's been like this since the war started. She has this feeling that something bad will happen. But on whom? To her brother? Xichen? Wangji? She's getting crazy just by thinking about it.

Yanli put her hands on Daiyu's hands and continued to comfort her.

"They will come back. Let's continue to pray for their success and safety," she said, and Daiyu just nodded as an answer.

Yanli is also worried about the cultivators involved in the war, especially his two brothers. They are too young to experience this; the same goes for Lan Wangji. Yanli can't help but be worried for his fiancee, Jin Zixuan. In the past few months, Zixuan has done his best to get to know her, and she was glad about it. Yanli also discovered some sweet sides of the Jin heir. She can say that they've already gotten close, and now that Zixuan is participating in the war, she can't help but worry.

Wen Qing, on the other hand, is confident that they will win. She doesn't know where she got the confidence, but she just feels it. She believes that they will win. She only hopes that they will not have serious injuries. A cultivator wearing purple robes suddenly crossed her mind. She remembers how fierce he is, always shouting here and there, but she can't deny the attraction she felt for the man. She only hopes that whatever happens between them will end in a good way.

The sun is already set, and they just finished eating dinner. The three had a short conversation before they decided to retire early to bed.

Daiyu, though, is still worrying. Her mind can't stop. She keeps thinking and worrying. She tried distracting herself, but it wasn't successful; she still ended up thinking about them. That is why, to put a stop to this matter, she decided to follow her mind.

She got up on her bed and prepared her things. Clothes, money, medicines, and more before putting them in her quankun pouch. She silently and carefully went out of her room and looked around. She makes sure that none of the patrolling cultivators will see her. She knows they won't allow her if they see her.