Chapter 18

NOT EDITED

Chapter 18: Search for the Yin Iron

The Cloud Recesses changed after Qingheng Jun came back from his seclusion. The sect is still peaceful but some changes happened. After Qingheng Jun was finally forgiven by Lan Wangji and finally fixed the problem with his family, he went to the elders to talk to them. He decided to be the sect leader again since he wants his eldest son to enjoy his life without the burdens of the sect's problems. That's why after talking to the Lan elders he was declared the new sect leader of the Lan clan. It's not a problem for him since he already knows how to manage a sect. Right now, Lan Xichen will only be there to help his father if he needs help with the sect problems.

After Qingheng Jun was properly announced as the new sect leader, a lot of gifts were sent to Cloud Recesses from different sect leaders, both major and minor sect leaders. They told him that they were very glad that he is now back. Although Qingheng Jun knows that some of them are fake greetings, he just lets it slide and gives them his sincere thanks.

  Qingheng Jun already knows about the Yin Iron that was found in the cold cave by Wangji and Wuxian. Right now they are in Qingheng Jun'quarters, discussing the Yin Iron.

"Yin iron...this will bring troubles if it was in the hands of power-hungry cultivators. We need to keep this safe. Even the other shards of the Yin Iron." Qingheng Jun said as he look at the Yin Iron in his hands. He knows how powerful the Yin Iron and he is scared that if others will find out about this, it will not end well. He can already feel the breeze of the upcoming war.

"Adie, Shufu please allow me and Wangji to find the other shards of the Yin Iron, "Xichen said to their father and uncle. The two elders look at each other before answering.

Qiren, "It 's too dangerous for the both of you. Yin Iron is not just a metal".

"We know that uncle, but we can't just let others find the other shards. It's better if we find the other shards and hide them so no one can use them for their selfish plans. If we are also strong enough then we can also destroy it so no one can use it forever "Xichen answered.

QinghengJun, "Destroying the Yin Iron is not easy. But I also agree with what you said A-Huan. We need to hide the other shards. With the constant report of fierce corpse that is being controlled, it is safe to say that the other shards of Yin Iron must be in the hands of a certain cultivator now. And based on how they use it, it is clear as the day that they will use it to create troubles in the cultivation world ."

The four Lans had a person on their mind who got the other shards of the Yin Iron. Wen Rouhan, the sect leader of Wen Clan and the current chief cultivator. They are bothered when the sect leader of Wen decided to send his niece and nephew along with other Wen disciples to attend the Gusu Lans lectures. And then these past few months, they keep on spotting Wen Owls close to Gusu. With that, they already have an idea of why Wen Rouhan sent some of his disciples. They are looking for something. Something that the Gusu Lan has.

"That's why you should let me and Wangji, father. The clan needs both of you. The lectures will end after two weeks so it is fine now ." Xichen tried to convince the two elders.

"Mn" Wangji agreed.

Qiren just looks at his older brother with a 'Why are they so stubborn like you?' look. Qingheng Jun who understand his brother's look just smiles and sips his tea.

"Fine. I will allow you to go and find the other shards, but please be careful. Send us some letters about where are you at. I want a constant report, understand?" Qingheng Jun said and the twin jades immediately nodded, agreeing with what their fathers said.