38. Valyrian Steel

Cersei was pushing and pushing and pushing off a union to Loras when Jaime came home. Her heart stopped but she couldnt love Jaime anymore, he took too long. Jaime didnt understand, he was mad at her for not wanting him, for pushing him away after all the pain he went through trying to get back to her. 

"Haezel." Jaime rasped. 

"JAIME!" She shouted running to him hugging him tight. He held her. "Gods you reek." She added but didnt let go. "What the hell happened to you? JAIME YOUR HAND!" SHe shouted grabbing his arm. 

"I... lost it somewhere. Help me look for it?" Jaime mused. 

"Oh jaime." Haezel cooed kissing his cheek and hugging him again. If felt nice to be held and cherished again. "Cersei must be ecstatic, I'm surprised she let you see me." Haezel added. 

"She... kicked me out actually." Jaime corrected. 

"What?" Haezel countered in disbelief. She heard Lotus cries and moved to the crib. Jaime followed her in expecting Haven but that this was a little girl, a new one. 

"Who is this?" Jaime questioned. 

"Oh, Jaime meet Lotus Marie Clegane, the newest one." 

"She's so little." Jaime whispered. 

"I know..." Haezel agreed. "She came early," haezel lifted Lotus up to her chest moving to the couch as she rubbed Lotus back. "It was a hard few moons. But she is doing better now. She's gonna be a little thing though. Not like her siblings." Jaime smiled touching her little toes. 

"Lotus." He repeated fondly. 

"Come on now, tell me everything." 

"Are the rest of the kids okay?" Jaime countered. 

"Oh yes, they are great. Si and Grif are constantly wrestling, playing with real swords now under Gregors supervision. Haemon my little honey bear is following in his brothers footsteps and Haven thinks Lotus is a doll and wants to dress her up everyday. Its adorable." Haezel informed him. "And Gregor is good too. you missed Tyrions wedding!" 

"Tyrion got married?" Jaime questioned. "Oh, I will-" Jaime turned away awkwardly as Haezel adjusted her dress. 

"You have seen a breast before, i dont care," Haezel assured as Lotus latched on. "Tyrion married Sansa, Joffrey is a bad king, he is going to marry Margaery who lets be honest Cersei thinks is a monster from hell with great hair." Haezel decided. "Now tell me about you! What happened!" 

"You're a fool if you believe that he is the most powerful man in Westeros.' tywin glared back at Tyrion across the room. 

''A treasonous statement. Joffrey is King.' Tryion teased a smile pulled at his lips.

''You really think a crown will give you power?' Tywin questioned.

'No,' tyrion admitted 'I think armies give you power. Robb Stark had one never lost a battle and you defeated him all the same. Oh I know Walder Frey gets all the credit or the blame I suppose depending on your allegiance Walder Frey is many things but a brave man no... He never would have risked such an action if he didn't have certain insurances.' Tyrion told them. 

"Haezel." Joffrey grumbled. 

"Whats wrong?" haezel questioned as Cersei came up behind him. Joffrey wasnt a loving boy yet he held to Haezel burying his face in her chest she stroked his back. "Tommen?" Haezel pondered. "Did you have a growth spurt?" Joffrey glanced up at her. "Joffy what happened?" Haezel cooed. "Cersei go talk to Jaime, I got Joffy." Haezel assured bringing him to bed. "Whats going on sweetie?" She sat on the edge of his bed. 

"I'm a failure, my council doesnt listen to me." Joffrey hissed. She looked to the door as the maester came in with tea, no doubt to try and soothe him. 

"WHy would you think that? They just want you to succeed." Haezel assured bringing to the cup to his lips. 

"No, they dont think I can do my job." he corrected. "But my father-"

"Your father... the previous king was an idiot. Dont be like Robert." Haezel corrected. "Be like your uncle Jaime, he fought bravely, honorably, trying to get back to his family. Listen to your uncle Tyrion too, he is a smart man and your grandfather used to be hand of the king, ran the damn kingdoms for years... you know what you know and what you dont. They have experience, use them to help you." Joffrey blinked back at her. Haezel kissed his forehead lifting the cup to his lips again. "Think of that sweetie, good night." 

+

"Magnificent." Jaime remarked looking over the sword

"Mm-hmm." Tywin agreed

"Looks fresh-forged." Jaime remarked

"It is." Tywin agreed again.

"No one's made a Valyrian steel sword since the Doom of Valyria." Jaime countered

"There are three living smiths who know how to rework Valyrian steel. The finest of them was in Volantis. Came here to King's Landing at my invitation." Tywin remarked nonchalantly.

"Where did you get this much Valyrian steel?" Jaime questioned.

"From someone who no longer had need of it." Tywin remarked smugly.

"You've wanted one of these in the family for a long time."

"And now we have three." Tywin agreed

"Three?" Jaime countered.

"The original weapon was absurdly large. Plenty of steel for three swords." Tywin remarked.

"Well, thank you. It's glorious." Jaime declared.

"Gregor what is that?" Haezel questioned. 

"A gift from Tywin." Gregor smiled down at the Valyrian steel. He grinned back at haezel as the blade glided through the air. 

"Thats a very nice gift." Haezel remarked. 

"He likes me." Gregor agreed happily. 

"Those are rare." Haezel realized. 

"Aye." Gregor agreed. "I own a piece of history." He grinned down at it. 

"Other knights protected the king while you were a prisoner. They will continue to do so when you go home." Tywin offered nonchalantly as Jaime objected to quitting the kings guard. 

"Home?"

"You'll return to Casterly Rock and rule in my stead. You are the Lord of Casterly Rock. I am the King's Hand. My place is here." Tywin reminded him, who knew that Jaime's deformity would bring such a positive outcome. "I don't expect to see the Rock again before I die."

"You know what they call me?" Jaime remarked.

"Kingslayer."

"Oathbreaker." Jaime corrected "Man without honor. Now you want me to break another sacred vow."

"You won't be breaking anything. There is a precedent to relieve a Kingsguard of his duties. The king will exercise that prerogative." 

"Did you say thank you?" Haezel questioned, Gregor stared down at her as if those word have never ever crossed his lips before. "For the sword, its a nice gift usually one says thank you." She clarified. 

"no." Gregor corrected.

"Maybe you thank Tywin." Haezel offered innocently. 

"Thank..." The word was foreign on Gregors tongue, he shook his head like it tasted back to even say. 

"What am I going to do with you?" Haezel mused. 

"I suppose you want the sword back." Jaime remarked softly staring down at the blade.

"Keep it. A one-handed man with no family needs all the help he can get."

"Ahh, kings landing." Oberyn remarked. "My dear I think it is about time we got revenge, dont you?" He smiled looking around. THe city itself was disgraceful but the monster within would bring him peace when he vanished the beast.