7. Romeo & Juliet

"Its gregor". Haezel remarked contently.

"What is?" Cersei countered

"The flowers. "

"Oh I knew that already". Cersei corrected.

"What? You did?" Haezel demanded. "Cersei!"

"I thought you wanted me to stay out of it." Cersei reminded her best friend sternly.

"I wanted to know." Haezel corrected crossing her arms over her chest.

"What happened to liking the mystery? Liking having a secret admirer?" Cersei mused chuckling as they walked.

"Cersei!" Haezel pulled her to a stop.

"You know now!" Cersei countered

"How long have you known?" Haezel questioned. Cersei pulled her into her chambers.

"Since the littlest clegane came for a visit. " cersei admitted and haezels jaw dropped.

"That was last moon". Haezel recalled. "You have known for a moon and didn't tell me!"

"Are you happy its gregor?" Cersei questioned. "You seemed happy before you started shouting at me". Cersei offered instead.

"I was happy". Haezel agreed. "I am happy." Haezel agreed. "He kissed me after I found out." She whispered.

"He did?" Cersei coed.

"He did." She agreed blushing at the memory. "But he didn't say anything. He just kissed me and left."

"Kiss him and walk away. That can be your thing!" Cersei declared. She knew that gregor liked haezel what was not to like? Knew that haezel was fond of gregor when he left called upon by tywin, cersei had really seen how much haezel liked gregor compared to any other guard lurking.

"What thing?" Haezel countered

"Your cute silent romance. A kiss and leave. Its cute. No words need be spoken for your love-"

"I never said love". Haezel corrected sternly. It was a kiss. A nice kiss and many many flowers.

"-doesn't need words to blossom and grow!"

"You were so dramatic I thought I was the dramatic one in this friendship?" Haezel decided.

"Haezel if you like him go for it." Cersei encouraged.

"My father would hate it." Haezel countered. "Say Clegane, pft, not for my baby girl."

"Your father isnt here." Cersei corrected.

"He would judge gregor off his last name. He wouldnt look past that." Hadzel remarked. Even though she was one of the last hightowers she still wanted her father from beyond the grave to be proud of her.

"I just think that if you're supposed to hate someone based on their last name alone.... You do realize that this all borders eerily close to Romeo and Juliet, right? I mean, star crossed lovers. Your father would hate. A secret romance."

"So, I'm what, Juliet in this scenario?" Haezel laughed out "And gregor is Romeo?" Cersei nodded in agreement. "I suppose you're my handmaiden? Thanks for letting me die, by the way," Haezel continued to tease. Cersei rolled her eyes.

"Haezel!"

Haezel doubled over with laughter.

"Im picturing you as a handmaiden." Haezel remarked still laughing. "Oh it's hilarious!"

"You are so mean to me." Cersei countered.

"I love you." Haezel coed. "Now make me a bath and brush my-" cersei swatted a pillow at her. "Ow I will have you flogged!" Haezel contined to laugh out.

"What is going on in here?" Jaime questioned. Gregor peered in as jaime opened the door. The shift change must have happened when they got to cerseis chambers. Haezels laughter settled as her eyes landed on gregor.

"Haezel needs a good beating," cersei mused throwing the pillow at haezel. Gregor tensed visibly from the door. "Little monster she is." Cersei went on. Gregor grit his teeth and cersei watched his face change. Haezel knew cersei was joking. Jaime knew it as well. Gregor didnt hear the sarcasm and was ready to rip cersei apart it looked like.

"Ser gregor please escort Haezel to her chambers. I grow tired." Cersei added and gregors face softened. He nodded and offered his arm as haezel moved to him.

"What was that about?" Jaime questioned once they left.

"Gregor is Haezels secret admirer." Cersei answered. Jaimes jaw slowly dropped.

"You know cersei was joking." Haezel remarked as they walked. "I was teasing that she was my handmaiden after she called me juliet..." gregor nodded just slightly. "You know the story of Romeo and Juliet?"

"A play?" Gregor pondered.

"Yes." Haezel answered. "Do you like plays?" Gregor shrugged. "Cersei and I see them when they come to the castle. Robert doesnt care about the finer things but I like the theatre... maybe we could go see one in town?" Haezel pondered. "Together." She clarified when he stared silently back at her.

"Romeo and Juliet?" Gregor questioned.

"Sure." Haezel agreed. "Or whatever is playing." Gregor nodded before pushing open her door. She saw a fresh flower on her bedside table. "Thank you Gregor." Haezel said, she pressed a kiss to his cheek as she got up on her tip toes. He nodded watching her go to the flower and twirl the stem in her delicate fingers. He felt accomplished being the one to make her smile.