5. Not Soft

"I hope you dont mind." Gemma remarked. "I dont get to see my brothers and thought you already know Gregor-" Gemma was a good little sister even if Gregor wasnt the best big brother. Gregor liked Haezel it was clear as day and Gemma was going to help him express it.

"Oh I dont mind at all." Haezel assured. Haezel smiled back at gregor and he hid his face behind his glass of ale. Haezel turned her attention back to Gemma as she finished her eye roll. How was she supposed to help Gregor if he was going to be such a damn chicken?

"So Haezel... Hightower right?" Gemma questioned.

"Yeah." Haezel agreed.

"Not too many of you left." Gemma offered.

"Gemma." Gregor grumbled.

"Sorry." Gemma offered. "I just know your family were fighters, warriors, you a warrior?"

"Not a warrior." Haezel corrected.

"Gemma what the fuck are you doing?" Gregor hissed.

"Getting to know Haezel." Gemma offered innocently. "You know my brothers are warriors."

"I do." Haezel agreed. "But I dont know anything about you. What brings you to the capital? Do you have a family? Where do-"

"Oh my life is rather boring." Gemma assured waving a dismissive hand. "I want to know all about you."

"Oh," Haezel gave an awkward laugh. "What do you want to know?"

"Are you married?"

"No."

"Any suitors? Any men of interest?" Gemma pushed. Gregor cleared his throat leaning back in his chair, his gaze anywhere but them.

"No." Haezel repeated.

"But there is someone isnt there?" Gemma pushed. "Surely a lovely lady like you has all the men-"

"Stop being so fucking pushy Gem, you just met her." Gregor grumbled.

"I think this is the most I have ever heard you talk, Ser Gregor." haezel realized and he clammed up finishing another glass full.

"Once I get Gregor talking he never stops, right Gregor?" Gemma urged. Gregor's gaze turned sharply to his little sister. "It takes a lot to get him talking but he's such a softie to the right people." Haezel chuckled softly.

"I can't imagine your brother being soft." Haezel corrected.

"Not. Soft." Gregor grumbled under his breath.

"No no you have your tough guy act to maintain." Gemma agreed.

"Gemma." Gregor grumbled.

Sandor knew his brothers tempernfirst hand but gemma could and did do whatever she wanted. Gregor wouldnt hurt her. Gemma had slapped him once and sandor thought this is the end of gemma. But gregor just stared down at her. She demanded he be nice before she madched away. Sandor knew gregor to act first kill first there was no reasoning. He killed a man for snoring to loudly in his presence but maybe after everything with the marrells gregor needed a change. Needed some honor. To take back the title of knight.

Maybe it had to do with Haezel. Gregor had never been in love before. He was trying to be worthy of a girl like Haezel. Sandor knew this wouldnt last. When haezel rejected him which surely she would gregor would turn into a monster again. Go on a rampage and leave a trail of bodies in his wake.

"Excue me a moment!" Gemma declared getting up. THere was a silent moment before Haezel looked to Gregor.

"Your sister is sweet." Haezel said and Gregor nodded. "You getting nervous around little ole me? That can't be it." Haezel mused. HIs face turned down. Haezel had never been good with awkward silences. She opened and closed her mouth not knowing what to say or how to keep the conversation going. "Um..."

"You like the cake?" Gregor questioned softly.

"What? Oh! The cake. Yeah." Haezel agreed. "You want another one? I think your sister was hording the chocolate."

"You like chocolate?" Gregor questioned.

"Who doesnt like chocolate?" Haezel countered. Gregor nodded. Again that silence. "I really love carrot cake though." Gregor stared back at her. "Do you have a favoite?"

"No." He answered.

"Like them all?" Haezel offered, he nodded. Again that silence. Cersei stared back at them from her balcony. Saw Gemma pacing watching them from a distance, what was that girl doing?

"You like working in the castle?" Haezel questioned. Gregor shrugged. "Boring, I suppose." Haezel agreed.

"It's better when you are here." gregor admitted. Haezel blushed to herself, fussing with her hair to cover her face.

"Thats sweet of you to say." Haezel answered.

"Lord Tywin wants me back for some... things." Gregor added hesitantly. Haezel looked to him. "I'm going to be gone for a while."

"Oh," Haezel reached out a hand touching his arm. "Be safe while you are gone." He stared at her hand on his arm and again she mistook his stare for something it wasnt and pulled back. His gaze shifted to her face as her hands settled in her lap. "Do you know what Lord Tywin will have you doing? Where you will be?"

"Some trouble that needs sorted." Gregor answered vaguely.

"Tywin always seems to have trouble around the corner." Haezel agreed.

"Aye." Gregor answered.

"Do be careful, it would be awful if I never got to see you again."

"Really?" Gregor questioned.

"Really." Haezel agreed.