6. Words Not Spoken

Roshambo / Tormund out now!
Haezel didn't even think about the fact that the flowers stopped when Gregor left. Of course, she noticed the absence of flowers she's grown so used to them. But she was more focused on the new guard that was following cersei around.

"He's handsome isn't he?" Cersei agreed when she caught Hazel stare.

''He's not ser Gregor." Haezel countered honestly. " do you know what trouble your father has him handling?"

"No, I don't keep track of the hooligans and the bloodshed and the violence over there. Ser gregor is my father's mad dog when my father calls he comes." Cersei reminded her.

"I know that." Haezel assured softly as they walked the halls. "Just wondering when he'll be back."

"Dont tell me you have grown fond of ser Gregor?" Cersei pondered curiously. Haezel shrugged innocently. "He is a good knight, a skilled warrior no doubt... you learn something about him when you had your little tea party with him and his sister?" Cersei pondered. Haezel shrugged again. She glanced back at the guard, he was slim, tall, muscled, his face was long like a ferret. This guard looked like he was swimming in his armor as opposed to Gregor who's muscles had muscles and he was almost bursting out of his armor it seemed.

"He's not your new guard right?" Haezel whispered. "This is just temporary?" Cersei chuckled.

"You do like the mountain." Cersei decided.

"I feel like i could take this man down." Haezel murmured.

"Ser Rumlow." Cersei remarked. "Please, be a dear and show my dear friend Haezel how skilled you are." Haezel smiled embarrassed back at him.

"I didnt mean to insinuate that you are not skilled but just after Ser Gregor was here I'm used to a bigger shadow when we walk." Haezel offered.

"I'm more than skilled enough to protect the queen my lady." Ser Rumlow assured.

"Yes but if we were both being attacked would you be able to save us both?" Haezel questioned.

"My duty is to protect the queen." he repeated. Haezel looked to Cersei.

"I need my own guard while Ser Gregor is away." Haezel decided. "He would protect us both," Haezel clarified. "Without hesitation."

"My lady-" Ser rumlow began.

"JAIME!" Haezel called out marching down the path. "JAIME!" Cersei rolled her eyes.

"Hey Haez," Jaime greeted kissing her cheek when she found him.

"What did your father get Ser Gregor into?" Haezel questioned.

"I dont know." Jaime admitted. "Why? Whats wrong?"

"Ser Gregor replacement. I dont like him." Haezel admitted honestly. "And he agreed that he wouldnt protect me if there was an attack, just Cersei. Gregor would protect us both. I'm always with Cersei, I can't risk death! Being her friend is dangerous."

"That it is." Jaime chuckled back.

"Can I steal you? Cersei would like it better if you were following us around." Haezel assured. She linked her arm with his. "Just until Gregor gets back. I trust him." Jaime laughed out as they walked.

"You might be the only person besides my father that actually trusts the mountain." Jaime declared.

Haezel liked a routine, which was why she did the same thing with Cersei every day. She helped tuck Tommen in every night. She drank the same black tea with a splash of cream and a bit more than a sprinkle of sugar. She didnt break her fast until almost mid day. She read a few chapters, painted part of a picture, did something to stimulate her mind before she ate. Then after she broke her fast she would run around with Cersei's children in the gardens, exercising the body and mind. She liked her habits. So Ser Gregor leaving, this idiot knight taking his place threw Haezels routine off center.

"Hello Sandor." Haezel remarked as she passed, Sandor glanced back at her debating words but decided to stay quiet, Cleganes were good at the strong and silent type. Well not Gemma but she was the odd one out.

Haezel would have said, I'm sure you are happy your brother is back but she knew sandor probably preferred when Gregor was far away. The brothers never seemed to get along but when Gemma was here, Gregor seemed to have a softer side. A side he didnt let anyone see. Haezel liked it.

Haezel knew Gregor was back in the capital but she had not seen him. She wanted to check on him but he was already in her chambers. Surprised she hesitated seeing him with a wildflower. Her breath caught in her throat.

"You've been leaving me flowers gregor?" Haezel asked and gregor hesitated debating putting the flower down. He didn't look back at her. He finally decided to put the flower down. He didn't see fear in her eyes when she looked at him but there was compassion. Happiness even in her eyes. Gregor moved to her and before she could say anything else he kissed her. He pulled her to him lifting her up so he could better kiss her lips.

"Thank you for my flowers." Haezel whispered when he pulled back. "I love them." Gregor nodded glancing back at the flower before heading off. Not a single word spoken.