Chapter 8 - Hero in Town? Debut the Golden Warrior!

"Hmm..."

Gid was sitting on his throne in front of a screen. On the screen was a paused image of Goku with his Ki flaring all over his figure with a intene smile plastered on his face. The ruler of the universe had just finished watching the fight and listening to the boy's answers when questioned by the Yuuki siblings, Lala, and Zastin. All of it seemed unreal but there are a multitude of possibilities within the vast expanse of the universe.

"Dear, what are you watching?" A woman with long pink hair came into the room and asked.

She wore a white dress and had a veil over her face. The woman's voice was like music to the king's ears as he turned to her.

"It's about the boy Lala wishes to marry." Gid said, excitement laced in his voice. "This is a recording of the boy against Zastin."

"Oh? Lala has found someone that she likes?" The woman asked as she looked at the screen.

Gid resumed the recording and let it play. The two watched as the boy was wrapped in white aura and disappeared before sending Zastin flying with a punch. It continued with the boy having the upper hand and made Zastin pulled out his sword.

"Ara, he made Zastin use Amanogawa." The pink haired woman looked in surprise at the boy who kept showing his mastery in martial arts. "Who is this boy? He looks human."

"His name is Son Goku Jr. He defeated Zastin with ease it seems. And from the recording that Zastin had sent me, he said he came from another universe." Gid was smirking like a madman.

Never had he thought that there would be someone like Goku that existed.

"Is that so?" Gid nodded. "Dear, you have yet to answer my question." Gid visibly flinched at the woman's soft but demanding voice.

"No, he is not fully human. His race is known as the Saiyans...and from the information Zastin gathered, it seems that Saiyans are the Devilukians counterpart of his universe."

Now that was something she wasn't expecting. Devilukians were the strongest race in the universe with Gid standing high above the rest. It seems Lala has found someone who could potentially surpass Gid himself. But then there was the problem of the other suitors who would not like this news.

"Dear...how do you think the others would react?" The pink-haired woman asked.

"We both know how they will react. In fact, the moment I make Goku's presence known to the universe, they will have already made their first move." The king said with a hint of enjoyment.

"So what are we going to do with Goku?"

Gid thought for a moment before smirking to himself. "Nothing." He laughed. "Let's just leave things as they are and wait."

"Do you plan to have Goku protect Lala until they wed?"

"...Goku claims he'll be the protector of the Earth." The man said with less energy than earlier. "Those...fragile humans are lucky." He reluctantly said for some reason before continuing. "But at the same time, it seems he was holding back a lot of power in that fight. Interesting...I need to speak with Zastin."

The woman nodded and moved to his side, her eyes traveling past the screen and onto two pink headed girls hiding around the corner. She smiled as the two who seemed to think they were unnoticed. Moments later a screen appeared with Zastin knelt down in front of them in a new set of armor; the same model as his last.

"Lord Gid, Lady Sephie...I take it you were pleased by young Goku's performance?" Zastin asked the man.

"It was entertaining..." Gid said, resting his on his chin. "Tell me, Zastin. When you fought that boy, what was his power level exactly?"