𝟑𝟔

There was a house- a white picket fence with overgrowth of vines and flowers, a big tree by the mailbox, a porch light that never turned off, and two cars in the driveway- one I recognized and the other I didn't. I've never seen this house before, but somehow I knew it was home, maybe not now, but it will be.

-
Waking up has never been harder until now. My body ached, my throat was dry, and overall, I felt like I got hit by a car.

I groaned, rubbing the sleep away from my eyes as I tried sitting up, but I'm pulled back down by a pair of arms.

"Go back to sleep." Ellie grumbled, eyes still shut, and arms enveloping me in her morning daze.

I wiggled free from her grasp- not like it was hard since she was partly asleep, and turned over to face her. I take a moment to take in the sight of her- no matter how many times I've seen her sleep, I never got tired of it. It's like she was a totally different person- the furrow in her brows was relaxed, and the usual intensity in her features was gone, instead leaving behind a tranquil slate.

"I have to get up." I whispered to her, not wanting to interrupt her peaceful slumber.

When she doesn't respond, I take a finger, tickling it over her cheekbone and across her nose until she twitches and opens her eyes.

"Good morning to you too." She rasped a sarcastic remark, her morning voice sounding extra provocative.

She turns on her back, letting the sleep drift further away from her body and mind as I snake an arm over her stomach, "I have to go."

"Says who?" Ellie, not so nicely asked, turning her head to look at me, and oh no, the furrow was back.

"Says me. It's getting late and I have homework to do. Abby promised to help me with it."

Ellie huffed, her eyes searching the ceiling, perhaps she was thinking before speaking, not wanting to lash out at the mention of her name.

"Do I have to worry about her? Because I swear to god, sky, if I find out she tries anything with you-"

I get on top of her, pausing her momentarily, "Ellie, do you trust me?"

Ellie's eyebrows furrow in confusion, "what-? Ye- yes, of course I trust you, but I don't trust that bitch-"

"Then let me handle her." I said sternly before lowering myself to kiss her. She barely has time to recuperate the kiss before I get up and start to get dressed in the clothes I had on the night before.

Ellie throws the covers off of her self, scrambling out of bed to grab me by my shoulders. It wasn't rough or aggressive, more like she was distressed at the idea of me going back.
"Baby, do you have to? I mean- I can help you with your work here."

Wow, worry looks really cute on her.

"Ellie-" I meet her eyes after pulling my dress down over my hips, "I can't stay here forever. Plus, she's my friend. I can't just ditch her."

Ellie huffs under her breath and rolls her eyes in defiance but doesn't press it any further, and believe it not, this is huge progress for her.

It's hard leaving her, especially like this- naked and pouty- it makes me wonder if education is even worth it when I could just stay here with her where we can relive last night over and over again-

"Are you sure you can't stay?" Ellie asked, her tone sounding suggestive as she took a step forward to place her hand on the side of my neck, tilting my face to look into her eyes.

No, I'm not sure- I'm not sure of anything except for the fact she looks so fucking good right now.

"Yes, Els. I can't fail this class."