𝟑𝟎

Ellie was right about the shower- hell, she was right about everything. I felt better- still weak, but better. She knew I wouldn't have been able to do it on my own, and she knew that having food in my system would help soak up whatever the fuck was used on me.

I know I made a promise that I wouldn't go back to Ellie, but I'm glad she was the one to take care of me. She knew exactly what to do- what I would be feeling, it makes me wonder how she knew? Has she been drugged before? Or is it safe to assume that she has experience with it because she sells such a colorful selection of drugs? Either way, I couldn't just pretend this didn't happen and go back to trying to forget her existences- it wouldn't to be fair, and I'd forever feel indebted to her.

"Here- hang onto this." Ellie said, placing my hand on top of the dresser- clearly, she still didn't trust my abilities to stand upright on my own.

I stood there soaking wet, only covered by a small towel as Ellie pulled out more clothes for me to wear.
I might as well steal her whole wardrobe at this point.

She crouched down holding a pair of her boxers at my ankles, "step in-"

"Ellie, I think I can dress myself. I'm feeling better now-"

"Shhh- humor me for old times sake, yeah?" She cut me off, flashing a cocky grin from her kneeled position before me.

I rolled my eyes- huffing in defiance, but I listened to her anyway. She stood as she pulled the checkered shorts up my legs and around my hips, making sure not to reveal anything as she did so.

"Alright, you know the drill-" she picked up the t- shirt from the bed, holding it between us, "- arms up."

My breath got caught in my throat, a sudden feeling of fear. Ellie had seen me naked dozens of times, but maybe I'm still feeling sensitive over last night's events.

Ellie quickly caught on to my apprehensiveness, taking a step back to deescalate my doubts.

"Will turning around help?" She asked- quiet and calm like she knew exactly how to handle the situation.

It was frustrating feeling like helpless little thing- delicate and timid to the world around around her, but Ellie wanted to help- no, she needed to help. She needed to heal me- lick my wounds in hopes that it wouldn't scar, but we're not dogs and we're certainly not wolves- just two people that found each other when it wasn't the right place or time.

I simply nod, turning my back to her as I toss the towel on the bed. I lift my arms, letting her dress me like how my mother did when I was a child.
It felt warm- distant, but warm. That's something that my mother and Ellie had in common- loving and nurturing to their core, but at an arms length.

As the fabric fell to my upper thighs I turned around, eyes leveled with her chest because I was too coward to look her in the face.

Her fingers brush against my hand that was at my side, her best attempt to get me to look at her without being too forceful. When it doesn't work- she grabs it, stroking her thumb over the back of my hand in a desperate attempt.

I look at her with a warning glare to not make this departure harder than it already was, but she doesn't seem to want it to go down without a fight.

Her hands come up to cup my face, placing a singular kiss to my lips. It was long, full of sadness and regret- regret for how it could've been different, but it wasn't.

I pull away, turning my face from her, "we shouldn't", Ellie let's go of my face and forces her hands back down to her sides, "I know... m'sorry."

A lot of thoughts were running through my head, but none of them consisted of regret. Sure, I wish things were different- that I was different, but everything I shared with Ellie felt like an lesson that had to be had- some good, some bad.
It didn't matter- it's not like I learned anything from them. I still loved her even if I shouldn't, and I know it would take a whole lot more to change my mind, if that's even possible.