𝟏𝟎

The next morning I awoke alone in the bed. Slightly dazed not understanding the perspective right away. I sat up and rub the sheets and slowly pieced together that I fell asleep in Ellie's bed. The girl who was now missing from the mattress. The memories of the night before began to hit me all at once like a semi truck on the highway. I throw myself back onto the bed. My face was hot and I felt a uneasy sensation fill my stomach. How can I face her now? Did she leave this morning on purpose? Maybe she does regret it after all.

I shake it and pull myself together. Nothing a steamy shower couldn't ease. I try to wash away whatever sins I feel like I committed. I didn't feel bad about it, why should I? I mean being finger fucked in a public bathroom wasn't my proudest moment but it felt pretty damn good doing it. I found myself staring at the tiled wall of the shower longer than normal, wondering what she was thinking. Maybe she was inquiring about switching rooms after all, or maybe she simply had to go do something.

When I returned Ellie still wasn't in the room. A sigh of relief or dread that she could could come in any second. It didn't really matter I was anxious either way. I got changed and sat on my bed and began to brush through my dripping wet hair when the doorknob turned.

"Oh good you're awake. I got you this." There she was. Just as casual as ever she waltzed in with a beverage in her hand.
"I didn't know what you liked so I kinda just winged it. I hope it's okay." She brings her hand down to my level for me to observe it.
"You got me iced coffee?" I took it enthusiastically. Not expecting her to do something like this considering she hated the drink.
"Yeah- I figured maybe you could use the pick me up or whatever. Is that okay?" Her tone was unsure like a child asking for approval.
"This is more than okay. Thank you. Really." I don't know why, but in this moment it felt like the kindest gesture in the world.
She smiled and joined me on my bed.
"So.." she rolled her eyes around the room and then looked to me.
"Sooo" I twitched my mouth into a half smile not really wanting to make eye contact.
"Are you doing okay?" She placed her hand on my thigh and began to rub in light circles.
"Y-yes I'm more than okay. Are you?" I look her in the eyes wanting to assure her that what happened last night was okay.
"Cool..cool." Her voice softened and she began to pick the skin around her nails.
I placed my hands on hers and hold them.
"I don't regret it. I had a great time last night. It definitely made up for the other time." I leaned in and placed a small peck on her cheek. I don't know why, but it felt like the right thing to do.
Her face goes a bright shade of pink and she looks at me and leaned in for a proper kiss. I meet her lips a little too enthusiastically wanting to close the space. Her lips felt soft and it was much gentler than last night. It was patient and nurturing. A side of Ellie I didn't think I'd ever get to know.
We part our lips and I pause before opening my eyes to find myself looking into her green ones. They were bright and warm. Her dark eyelashes fluttered and her freckles seemed much more in focus.
"You're a mystery to me." I broke the silence with a low laugh.
"I could say the same about you." Her pitched dropped and she lowered her face to get a better look at mine.
"What on earth are you talking about? I'm definitely not." My face contorted into a confused expression.
"You are princess. You're such a good girl. I don't know why you would want to get tangled up with me." She placed her hand high up and on my exposed thigh and squeezed causing me to freeze up. Her demeanor had changed from this once comforting aura to now slightly threatening.
"Maybe that's just what you want to believe." I lean in and my voice turned to a whisper.
"Perhaps you're just easy to read princess." She had moved forward even more, now only a few inches between our faces.
I wriggle my body under the tension that we created. I didn't expect her to engage with my teasing and desire but now that it's happening I didn't know where to go from here. I back away and turn to face the ground, feeling defeated.
"Told you." She removed her hand and leaned back in the bed propping herself up in her elbows. Based on the look on her face I would guess she pretty pleased with herself, making me shift under her control with just her body language.
"You're infuriating." I throw myself back into the bed and my eyes remained fixated on the ceiling.
I hear her laugh and turn to look at her and find her looking not at my face but my chest. I was braless and the thin fabric of the white t shirt I was wearing cradled my breasts a little too well. It didn't help my nipples were hard from the cooler temperature of the room.
"My eyes are up here you know." I punch her arm lightly and divert her attention to my face.
"If anyone is infuriating it's you." Her voice low, she turned to her side, now slightly hovering over me.
"Enlighten me." I titled my head, playing dumb. I know how she looked at me I just wanted the satisfaction of her saying it.
She swiftly readjusted herself on top of me, one hand on each side of my head and leaned down to my ear.
"It's like you're begging for me to fuck you again." The raspiness in her voice was enough to make my body have a physical reaction. I felt like prey that couldn't wait to be captured. A chill was felt down my spin to my toes. I lick my lips and try to compose a single coherent thought.
She lifted her face to look at me and I can comfortably guess that she was happy with my reaction. I wanted the satisfaction from her but now she's getting it from me. I drastically boosted her ego without saying a single word.
"Maybe I am." Fuck. The words just escaped my lips I didn't even have time to rehearse them in my head.
She removed her arms from the sides of me and props herself back in the edge of the bed in a sitting position. I see the back of her head shake slightly and a sigh can be heard from the girl. She turns to look back at me still laying down on the mattress.
"You can't handle it." A half smirk formed on her lips but her eyes told a different story. Sadness? Genuine guilt maybe?
I sat up abruptly and feeling kind of offended. She doesn't know my past or what I've done so why does she think I can't handle her?
"I think I can."
"I wouldn't know how to be gentle with you."
"Who says I want you to be?" I pick up her hand and fidget with her fingers.
My eyes trace her face from her eyes to her mouth, trying to read the expression. Her eyebrows slightly ceased and the corner of her lips turned every so slightly downward. I lift my hand and hold the side of her face, soothing her cheek with my thumb. Her hand comes up to hold mine and she moves it away. I was confused by her actions and was taken aback.
"Sky-"
"Stop. What are you so afraid of? You're not going to break me." I held her hands tight in a desperate attempt to keep her here. I felt like she could evaporate right in front of me if I let go.
It seems I didn't try hard enough to make her stay. I watch her get up and start to leave the room. I felt a pit on my stomach almost a sick feeling. Her hand reaches for the door and I needed to say something, anything to make her change her mind.
"Don't go-"
She hesitates, but only for a moment before opening the door and exiting the room.

I sat in disbelief, not sure why things unfolded the way it did and at what point led to this moment. I play with my fingers in a way to soothe my emotions, but it was too late it didn't work. I felt a tear start to fall and I quickly wipe it away. In a way I was angry and I think for a good reason. If she didn't like me why did she do that in the bathroom at the club? You don't do that with just anyone, at least I don't. Maybe she was just sexually frustrated and I was the easiest girl she could get at the time.

I crawled into my bed, burying myself in the sheets trying to hide from the overwhelming emotions that circulated my body. I felt stupid. Plain and simple. If I really was just another girl to sleep with why does she touch me so softly, so tenderly. From the way she rubs my back or hold the side of my face. Why does she look at me like that if she doesn't feel something for me? Maybe it's my own fault. She warned me and I didn't listen. I was infatuated with her every since we first met even if she was cold and distant. It didn't take long that I realized that I liked her and wanted to get to know her and I still haven't. Sure, I know her hobbies and the kind of music she likes but I don't know where she grew up, what her parent are like or even what her major is. She felt like a familiar stranger and nothing more.