𝟓

I had a few hours until I had to expect Ellie to be back. Seriously where does she spend all these hours? Of fucking course I was working myself up about it. I also noticed before liv left, she gifted a shot size bottle of vodka on my dresser, she knows me so well. Also, 'wear something nice for her?' What does that mean? I didn't want to seem like I was trying to impress her, but also I wanted to feel and look good.

Time flew by, it was half till Ellie said she'd be by to pick me up. I hesitantly pushed myself off the bed and started to figure out what I was going to put on. I was already wearing a pleated skirt that sat just above mid-thigh. I figured that would be enough. It's kinda scandalous, but she saw me wearing it earlier so it seemed like I wasn't trying too hard. I change my top, and opted for a slightly more dressed up crop top with a low neck line, and a tight fitting zip up jacket that exposed my mid drift.

I checked myself in the mirror, alternating corners of my clothing before exhaling. "Shit."
I picked up the miniature bottle of vodka, twisted the cap and paused just for a second before throwing it back. I need all the help I could get.

"Am I interrupting?" Ellie walks into the room, glancing at the empty bottle in my hands then looking up to my face.
"Oh- uh no, sorry." I was flustered like I got caught doing something wrong.
"Relax I'm not going to scold you." She laughed in a teasing manner.
"I just have to change real quick then we can head out." Ellie was already in motion. She was unbuttoning her jeans and putting on a almost identical pair that she pulled out of a drawer. She moved to pull off her hoodie and I was captivated. I didn't know if she played sports or what, but she was toned. In other words I was enticed. She put on a white undershirt and finally a button up flannel over it.

She turned and looked down at her clothes then at me. "What do you think?" I let let out a hum that I wasn't anticipating, that generated a grin from her.
"Ok next question, hair up or down?" She looked at me excitedly like she really wanted my input.
"Ummm... up?" It came out like a question, but I was really just thrown off that she actually asked my opinion.
She let out a hmph before pulling her hair back into a low bun with a few stands of her long bangs framing the side of her face. She then looked me and gave me a expression of 'whadda think?' Fuck. What is about her makes me have these thoughts to myself. She looked good. Like.. really good.
"You look nice." I decided to go with. It wasn't really  appropriate to say 'to hell with the party just fuck me now' I didn't want to feed her already bursting ego.
She seems happy with my response.
"You ready to go?"
I nod and get up from my seated position.
"Wait- let me see you. Do a spin." Her tone slightly demanding. I did what she said.
"Mmm" I watch as she looked me up and down. Her bottom lip being held by her teeth. Her eyes roamed over my body. Is she even trying to hide the fact how hungrily she's looking at me right now? Or does she simply not care?

She shook her head seemly like she was erasing her current thoughts and opened the door. Raising her arm like she was motioning me out. I obliged and we were off.

The walk to the fraternity felt painfully long. Not much was said just some remarks here and there. Ellie taking about her two friends that we're going too. Dina and Jesse she told me their names. They were the ones I saw at the fire. I learn they're a couple and they're 'disgusting in love' as Ellie put it. She seemed like she was in high spirits, if I didn't know any better I would say she's excited. Her shift in tone towards me, made me feel comfortable, even comfortable enough to ask her things I didn't think I ever would.

"Why were you such a ass to me when we first met?" I made sure to keep it light hearted. She looked at me a little perplexed.
"Was I an ass to you?" Her smile indicated that she wasn't not going to be straight forward with me.
"Don't play with me, you know you were." I half heartedly rolled my eyes. I stared her down waiting for a answer.
"You just... complicated things." She sighed.
"Complicated things?? That's all you're giving me?" My tone went up. I was slightly irked but not really. She grabbed my arm as we approached a front door.
"Okay we're here. Pretend you don't hate my guts." She smiled at me before we both walked in.