𝟐𝟒

"You need help with that?" Abby grins, a cock in her eyebrow as she watches me struggle with the giant plastic container, trying to balance it the weight of it on my thigh.

"Are you sure it's not too heavy for you?"
I bite back, feeling proud of myself for the witty response, an obvious smirk on my lips.

"Gimme that."

She takes it, relieving me of the strain before placing it down inside, along with the other two that sat outside of the door.
If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was showing off.

I lay down in a dramatic sigh, the muscles in my shoulders already feeling the consequences from the heavy lifting.

Abby shuts the door, taking a seat on the edge of her bed.
"So... how'd it go?" She leans forward, placing her elbows on her slightly spread legs.

My head turns to look at her and fuck. Why are women who manspread so hot?

"Uh- could've been better but also worse, I guess." I shrug from my horizontal position, folding my fingers over my torso.

Abby didn't know what to say, she wanted to ask questions and understand the situation better, but she also didn't feel like it was her place to pry. She wanted Skyler to feel comfortable enough to talk to her without her asking, but curiosity got the better of her.

"Was she there?"

I sat up, my hands holding into the mattress on the sides of my thighs, my head looking down before meeting her gaze.
"Yeah... she must've gotten out of class early or something- I dunno." I said, giving my best attempt at a smile, not wanting her to know that it bothered me.

"Did she do anything to upset you?"
Abbys eyebrows raise as she hung onto my next words.

Sure, Abby knew little to nothing about me, or all the details of why I switched rooms, but something about it felt like she was just trying to protect me.

I was trying to avoid this conversation all together with her, not because I didn't want to tell her, but it would feel selfish of me to talk about my breakup when she just went through one herself.

"Uhh... not really? I mean she asked me to stay, and at first she was angry and then she wasn't? I don't know... plus she hugged me twice, which kinda hurt you know?" I rambled, voicing my thoughts as they came to me, still processing the whole thing.

Abby took a second to comprehend, silently analyzing my words.
"She sounds... complicated."

I can't help but laugh at that response, she truly had no idea how spot on she was.

My laugh dies down, the room filling with a mutual silence as I fidgeted with my fingers in my lap.
"Yeah, you could say that." I said weakly, a sadness hinted in my tone that I didn't catch, but Abby did.

She stood, taking a few steps until she was at my bed before sitting next to me, leaving a few inches of space between our legs.

I feel my face flush from the sudden closeness, the size difference in our thighs made my thoughts race.

"Hey- you did the right thing, don't let her weasel her way back into your life. You're better off without her." Abby coaxes, her hand resting on top of my shoulder. Although her hands were massive and undeniably strong, it felt gentle.

I hum in response, slightly leaning into her touch.
"I don't get it- " I start to speak, a furrow in my brow as I felt a frustration build inside me.
"When I finally leave- finally make a decision for the sake of my own sanity... all I can think about it the good moments."