𝟑

The week went on, from going to classes and avoiding spending any time in the room if I could help it. If I had down time I'd spend it with liv in her room. Of course she has a roommate she clicked with right away she was basically a spitting imagine if Olivia herself.

It was finally Friday, I just finished my last class of the evening and I had nothing to do. Liv was busy so I just sucked it up and went to my room hoping to get some studying in or just take a breather. To my pleasant surprise, the roommate wasn't in when I arrived. I let out a sigh as I was finally able to just be completely by myself for a least a little while.

Ellie was almost never in the room except to sleep and sometimes not even then. I didn't know her classes or what she was doing all the time and to be honest I didn't care. Some night she's come back super late and smelled of weed or seemed so fucked up she barely can make it to her bed. I didn't have a problem with it. She always tried to be quiet but, it was a lazy attempt.

A couple of hours go by I was looking over notes to prepare for a upcoming test on Monday when my phone buzzed. A text from liv that read "hey there's this campfire thing happening tonight that everyone is going to apparently. Becca told me about it and wants the three of us to go." I took a few seconds to think it over. I was exhausted. Between the constant tension with the stranger I shared a room with, and all the information that's being dumped on me in class, I was really just looking forward to winding down for the night. I wanted the college
experience so, "sure sounds fun, what time?" I was hitting a the send button when that familiar creek of the door redirected my attention.

"Hey." I always greeted her I wasn't a complete ass.
"Oh. Hey." Her tone made it seem like she was slightly surprised I was there.
"Youuu... going to the campfire tonight?" My best attempt at creating small talk.
"Um.. yeah." She seemed distracted. She was unbuttoning her flannel facing sways from me only to reveal her backside. She was left in just a sports bra. I could let help but stare. Her shoulders and upper back were well defined. She was slender and tall, but built.
"Why are you?" She asked as she now turned to face me as she was throwing on a dark grey hoodie. I quickly looked down, but it seemed too late. I was caught.
"Um yeah. My friend and her roommate asked me to go." My voice was shaken because I knew she saw me ogling and I didn't want to give her the satisfaction. Our eyes met. They seemed different somehow. They were brighter, less demeaning. She lifted the one side of her mouth into a smirk. Fuck.
God fuckin- "Be careful there's going to be a lot of upperclassmen there." She interrupted my inner turmoil. Her voice was different with that last line. It was..cocky. All I could do was nod and turn away.

Some time has passed. I was left alone not long after we exchanged our last few words. Seriously where the fuck does she always disappear to? It was 20 minutes till 9 so I figured I'd start getting ready for the gathering. I wanted to look good. I wanted attention and I wasn't afraid to admit that. I threw on some jeans that I knew made my ass look it's best, a cropped long sleeve that fit a little too snug and then a cropped sweater over it. It was chilly that night so I'd rather be safe than freeze my ass off, and finally high top converse.

I grab my phone and room keys and head out. Roommate nowhere to be seen and if I'm lucky I won't see her the rest of the night.

"Hey sexy!!" Liv shouted and gave me a big embrace. Even for her she seemed a little too excited. "Have you been drinking?" I teased.
"Um duh." She flashed me a can of a vodka seltzer with a koozie around it so it wasn't so obvious we were underage drinking. "For you." She very happily handed the drink to me.
"Somehow you just knew how bad I needed this." I sighed sarcastically like how a damsel in distress would. I drank it much more desperately than I intended to. "Wow it's that bad huh? Just give me the word and I'll put that bitch in her place." Liv in half buzzed state already, as the three of us were making our way to the party across campus.