𝟐𝟖

𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠- hinted almost s/a, name calling

𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯
Two weeks without Skyler felt like months lost at sea. I didn't know what to do with myself- how to spend my nights, how to spend my days when I wasn't in class- that's if I even showed up to class.

I couldn't sleep through the night, constantly reaching out- expecting to feel her next to me, but she never was. I've kept my distance since the football game. I figured I needed time to think things over. If I acted on how I felt when I first saw Skyler with her, I'd be put in jail, and not for dumb shit like I had done in the past- no, this time, it would be a prison.

"You can't keep ignoring me"

My eyes linger on the ceiling before peeling away to where my phone vibrated next to me on the mattress. "Yes I can"
As soon as I sent the message, my phone screen lit up- an incoming call from none other than Dina.

Was my text not clear enough?

She's been nonstop calling, texting- hell, even emailing me since she heard about Skyler switching rooms, but I didn't want to talk about it, especially not with her.
I couldn't bare the weight of her disappointment on top of everything else.

I put the phone back down, covering my eyes with my hands as I take a deep breath when it vibrates again, "fuck off dina-" I groaned, but it was cut short when I saw it wasn't from her.

"east side party. full cash-out."

It was from a unsaved number, no further information and it was straight to the point. It wasn't that uncommon since I'm the schools designated drug dealer, but damn- I really should start saving peoples numbers.

"Fuck-" I pinched the skin between my eyebrows hard enough to form dots behind my eyelids. I hadn't sold to anyone since that night with Sky, and people were starting to notice. I couldn't turn down another offer knowing some sketchy ass people were relying on me to help them get their fixes.

I pick up the phone, biting my bottom lip as I typed, "Full load?" The three dots immediately appearing after hitting send, "full load."

-
10:33 p.m. on the dot. I couldn't get myself to change clothes- instead I leave my room with the outfit I had been wearing for the past few days, a black hoodie and grey sweatpants. I looked like shit, but what's knew?

Even from across the parking lot, it was obvious which house was hosting- people gathered outside and an ungodly amount of yelling and hollering.
God, I can't wait to graduate.

"Fuck, okay-" I take a shaky breath as I get out of the truck, slinging my backpack over one shoulder.
Normally, I wouldn't feel anxious about this sort of thing, but I'm a little off my game, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about seeing Skyler tonight.
I figured it was a slim chance since her new "roommate" was captain of the football team, straight A's, and had a bright future in saving lives, but if sky is here tonight, she'd know that I'm breaking my promise.

Part of me wants to see her- even if it's just a glimpse of her hair or the way her cheeks round when she smiles... fuck, maybe it's best that I don't see her.

-
So far, so good- no sign of her or anyone I was trying to avoid, and lately- that list is getting longer and longer.

I was fucking busy- not that I'm surprised. I know I've been absent, but fuck- are there really this many drug addicts at this school?