𝟐𝟕

𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠  - descriptions of being drugged/roofied so if that triggers you, I suggest skipping this chapter

"Do you want to talk about last night?"

I wasn't ready for this conversation, so much to the point I pretended to be asleep for an hour after I woke up. Abby is a morning person, always up before me and always looked less disheveled than the average person upon waking up at 6am. I didn't have an exclamation, and I certainly didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"You knew I was awake?"
Maybe changing the subject will help.

"You talk in your sleep.. and you've been oddly quiet for a while now."

I roll my eyes at the wall, huffing as I flip to face her.
"So what? You're studying me now?"

Abby sets down the paperback book she was reading and takes off her glasses, "you could say that."

I sit up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes- my head hurting only a little bit and my throat was dry. I run my fingers through the tangles of my hair, feeling insecure about the state of it all of a sudden.
"I- I don't even know what to say-" 

Abby gets up, taking a few short strides until she was at my bedside, "here-" she hands me a bottle of water before sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Look- it doesn't have to be weird if we don't make it weird."

"I'm not being weird?" I said more loudly than I intended too since I'm definitely not getting defensive.

Abby raises an eyebrow, the corner of her lip slightly upturned. She caught me in a lie.

"Okay fine!" I throw my hands up, falling back against the pillow. I stare at the ceiling for a bit, bitting the inside of my cheek. I was searching for a reason- any reason to explain why I did what I did without it sounding like I was being a needy, desperate and shitty human to someone who has shown me nothing but kindness.

"I'm waiting-" Abby teased in a sing song voice, inching her way closer up the bed.

I rub the heels of my palms over my eyes out of frustration, not with her, but with myself.

"Okay- okay..-" I sit up, taking a sharp exhale out, ridding myself from any emotions that would make this situation worse.

"I like you- like a lot. You've been so kind and understanding, seriously the best roommate I could ever ask for-"

"Uh- huh, keep going."
I give her a death glare, why is she not taking this seriously? I'm over here freaking the fuck out, and she's acting like it's no big deal.

"I shouldn't have acted like that- and I'm sorry, okay? It's not fair to you and I know that-"

"Woah- slow down, you don't even know how I feel about it?" Abby holds her hands up, cutting me off mid ramble.

Great- She hates me or she thinks I'm the easiest girl on campus- which I'm starting to think may be truer than I'd like to admit.

"First of all-"

Shit, here we go.

"If anything, I want to thank you."

What the fuck?

My face said it all, confused out of my mind and beyond shocked, "huh? For what?"

Abby simply chuckles at my expression, the corners of her eyes crinkling, "it's been rough since I ended things with my last relationship-