𝟏𝟒

Music vibrated the car, constant shrill yells of excitement and  singing along to the music felt
ear shattering. Olivia and Becca were obnoxiously drunk already. Not at all pacing themselves, but maybe that means the night will be shorter than I expected.
"Do I make a left at the light?" I'm basically yelling at the top of my lungs trying to get the attention of Olivia who was supposed to be giving me directions.
"What!?" She's laughing hysterically and isn't picking up on the fact I was short fused.
"LEFT AT THE LIGHT?" I over exaggerate my words like talking to a toddler who's learning how to talk.
"Yes! Oh my god, no need to yell!"
I roll my eyes heavily at her, practically giving myself a lobotomy.

To my utter amazement we made it to the club and it was the same one that I've been to with Ellie. It felt like so long ago, basically where it all started. The first time she fingered me and now I see how that could've been a red flag. Seriously, who fucks someone in the bathroom of a club during their first outing together? I visibly sake my head of the memory. I wasn't any better than Ellie. I let her do that because I wanted her to.

Olivia and Becca fucked right off to the bar as soon as we entered the building. Quickly grabbing drinks and making their way to a crowd of people dancing in record time.
"Fuck me." I utter to myself under my breath and saunter over to the bar since it's where less people seemed to linger.
"Can I get a water? Please." I get comfortable in a barstool and pull out my phone, scrolling through different form of social media. It was going to be a long night.

The club was full and the  playlist had every party song that you could imagine. I observe the miscellaneous groups of people. None of them baring resemblance except for all of them being shit faced. Douchebags trying too hard to get the attention of girls and not getting the hint they're so obviously just here to have a good time. I sip at my water slowly, people watching and going on my phone to pretend I wasn't completely miserable.
"For you." The man behind the counter sets a tropical looking drink in front of me.
"Um- I didn't order-"
"It's from him." He points to a guy that sat at the far side of the bar. I look in the direction of where the bartender directing and meet eyes with a man who waved at me. He began to get up from his seat and maneuver around people in my direction.
"Fucking great." I mutter under my breath, shifting in my seat and prepare myself for  unwanted conversation.
"Sorry, I couldn't notice how badly you didn't want to be here." His voice was smooth and his smile was unbelievably bright.
"Here I was thinking I was doing a good job hiding it." I smile reluctantly and he laughed a little harder than I was expecting.
"May I?" He motioned to the empty seat next to me and I obliged. I figured it couldn't hurt to make new friends.
"Name'is Caleb." He holds his hand out still flashing his white ass teeth.
"Skyler." I haphazardly shake his hand and remind silent, not really knowing what to say nor did I feel like I had the energy to entertain him.
"Um- would you have preferred a beer?" He chuckles, pointing to the untouched cocktail.
"Um- no. Im sorry. Im babysitting my friends." I point to them on the dance floor, never mind the fact I was underage. Liv on her feet and hands as Becca stands behind her and slaps her ass comedically.
"Oh- wow. Okay that makes sense why they need a babysitter." We both share a laugh as we watch the scene unfold before us.
"So Skyler- are you from around here?"
"No, I actually I go to the collage nearby. You?"
It was getting easier to talk to him. He didn't come off predatory or weird he just seemed genuinely interested.

"No fucking way! Your brother did that to you? And on your birthday?!"
"Yeah- you're lucky you're the only child." We shared stories with one another and honestly, I couldn't tell you how much time has passed. He never once left the bar, not even to try to chat up other girls. He was fully engaged in our conversations, and it felt honestly nice to interact with someone who's thoughts I could actually read and not just theorize. At some point I drank the fruity alcohol and another and another. I was buzzed at the most which I know was shitty on my part, but I needed this.
"I really like talking to you and I hope this doesn't ruin the mood-" Oh, god here we go.
"Do you have a boyfriend or anything?" Just when I thought it was too good to be true. Normally I wouldn't feel bad, but he seemed nice. Blissfully unaware, but nice. I wasn't attracted to him which confused me. He was a good looking and fit. Maybe I still had my sights set on another person. No. I mentally shake my head. I'm done with that. I've given her too many chances and if I keep going like this I'll just end up looking stupid.
"Um- no. I don't." I pause, consider lying but for some reason I decided against it. His eyes light up and he jumps from his seat.
"Well- if that's the case do you mind dancing with me?" He holds his hand out dramatically like you'd see in Cinderella or some other princess fantasy. I couldn't help but laugh. He was playful and fun, not scared of how other people perceive him. I roll my eyes jokingly and take his hand. Part of me felt like I was in the wrong, like I was using him to get back at her but that didn't make sense because she's not even here to bare witness.