Chapter 36: It Was Them

Over the rooftop of a building, Khyber and his dog are watching Ben and (F/N), who are at Burger Shack buying food for themselves

Khyber: *Stroking Zed* Ready, my friend?

Zed leaps and transforms into Slamworm.

Ben: *Sniffs food* Finally, some downtime.

(F/N): Yeah, I'm starving. Good thing I have Jazz watching Roxie for me.

Ben: How is she by the way?

(F/N): She's doing nice.

The ground begins to shake. Slamworm emerges from the ground. People scatter in panic.

Ben: *To a bystander* Hey, keep an eye on our lunch, would you?

Bystander: Aah! *Runs away*

Slamworm repeatedly burrows into the ground and sprouts out. Ben activates the Omnitrix and (F/N) does the same with her Ultimatrix.

Ben: Let's make this quick, slimy.

Ben transforms into Diamondhead and (F/N) turns into Chromastone.

Ben: *As Diamondhead* There's a triple cheeseburger with my name on it.

(F/N): *As Chromastone* And a double cheeseburger with my name. *Sees Ben giving her a look* What? I'm trying to cut down

Slamworm shoots acid balls, Ben and (F/N) dodges them. Ben fires crystal shards at Slamworm while (F/N) fires an energy blast at it too. Slamworm burrows back into the ground.

Ben: *As Diamondhead* Huh, nice trick.

Slamworm sprouts and burrows again while Ben tries to fire his shards and (F/N) fires her mana energy.

Ben: *As Diamondhead*  Hold still, will ya?

(F/N): *As Chromastone* Dumb worm!

Slamworm repeats the trick again.

Ben: *As Diamondhead* Not gonna play hide-and--WHOA!

Slamworm emerges right below (F/N) and  Ben and shakes them and throws them into the air.

Ben: *As Diamondhead* WHOA! *Ben and (F/N) land in Slamworm's mouth and struggles to break free* We came here to eat lunch, not be lunch!

Ben and (F/N) manage to pry open Slamworm's mouth and hold it. He grows his right arm's crystal blade and (F/N) turns into her right arm into a crystal blade too.

Ben: *As Diamondhead* This is going to hurt you more than it hurts me.

Ben and (F/N) stab Slamworm's throat, causing Slamworm to spit Diamondhead out. Slawmworm winces in pain.  Ben regenerates his broken arm.

Diamondhead:  I am not doing that again. *Sees Slamworm in pain* Guess you bit off more than can chew, huh? Hahahahaha... *Looks at unpleased bystanders* Aw, come on, that was a little funny.

(F/N): *As Chromastone* Ehh, 3 out of 10.

Ben: *as Diamondhead* *Looks at Slamworm recovering* Unh-unh, pal. You're not going anywhere.

(F/N) and Ben punche the ground, causing crystals to emerge and surround Slamworm. Slamworm roars in desperation.

Ben and (F/N): *as Diamondhead and Chromastone*.Gotcha!

Khyber observes this all from the rooftop. He whistles and calls Zed back. Slamworm shoots acid balls at Ben and (F/N). Ben shields himself while (F/N) gets behind him.

Ben: *As Diamondhead* Hey, number one: gross. And number two...

Slamworm is gone. Ben and (F/N) change back.