Chapter 32: The More Things Change: Part 2

After getting take-out, we see the duo eating chow mein and occasionally feeding each other. After small break and eating, we see (F/N) and Paulina are now on the couch.

Paulina: Ahh, that was nice.

(F/N): *Burps a bit* Excuse me. And it was. Ready for the second part of how me and Ben met Rook?

Paulina: Sure am.

(F/N): Okay.

Flashback Resume (The More Things Change Part 2)

The chase continues above the rooftops and through the streets of Undertown. Liam hops down several roofs, followed by Fistina and Bubble Helmet. Liam falls into an Atrocian's house, while he is carving a statue. Bubble Helmet also crashes through the house, the shockwave causing the statue to collapse, angering the Atrocian. Ben, (F/N) and Rook run through the streets. Ben quickly looks around.

Ben: There's a whole city of aliens down here.

Rook: You sound surprised, Ben and Jen-dude.

(F/N): A whole secret city?

Rook: Come, partners! We must catch those lowlifes who have wrecked Baumann's store! *Runs ahead*

Ben: Yeah, Rook... about that whole partner thing? Don't get your hopes up.

(F/N): Come on, Ben, be nice he helped us earlier didn't he?

Ben: Beginner's luck.

Liam stays on the rooftops while the other two run on the streets. Rook gets above the rooftops to chase the trio. Ben and (F/N) follow. Rook is in pursuit of Fistina. Fistina goes through a small building then almost bumps into an alien. The alien mutters angrily at her. Rook jumps onto the walls and on the alien to maneuver quickly.

Ben and (F/N) are after Liam and Bubble Helmet. Liam jumps and tries to flap his arms and lands on the ground. Ben and (F/N) jump behind him.

Fistina jumps a great distance and grapples onto a nearby rooftop and looks towards Rook with a smug on her face. But she is surprised as Rook manages to follow. Bubble Helmet and Fistina run into a tunnel. Liam falls behind. Ben, (F/N) and Rook are after him.

Ben: XLR8 can catch those scuzzbuckets.

(F/N): And Fasttrack.

Ben activates the Omnitrix and transforms into NRG  and (F/N) turns into Diamondhead and they both halt abruptly

Ben: *as NRG* zLook's at himself* Ugh. NRG? Really? *Spits at the railway track below*

(F/N): *as Diamondhead* Oh come on! *Spits a diamond to the side*

Rook: What happened?

Ben: *as NRG* *Shrugs* Ugh... New Omnitrix. I'm still learning the controls.

(F/N): *as Diamondhead* Wrong alien.

Rook: Allow me.

Rook brings out his Proto-Tool and takes aim at Liam. He fires an electric sphere at Liam and takes him down. The sphere zaps him and Liam clucks. Rook smiles. Ben pats him on the shoulder.

Ben: *as NRG*Nice going, Rook... uh, for a newbie, I mean. *Rook frowns slightly. Ben and (F/N) walk up to Liam*

(F/N): *as Diamondhead* *to Rook* You did good Rook, *to Liam* Now, talk. Who's behind these alien shakedowns?

Liam: *Clucks* Behind you!

Rook: Even I wouldn't fall for that. And this is my first day on Earth.

(F/N), Ben and Rook hear something behind them and turn around.