Chapter 62: Hear The Dragon Roar - Part 4

Start from the beginning

One more thing before I end this response. The problem with calling Charlie OOC is that there isn't enough of Charlie's character actually out there in terms of Hazbin Hotel so it's hard to discern what's Fanon and what's actually canon. I've only seen the pilot for Hazbin Hotel, and that was a long time ago. The Prime TV show isn't even out yet, so I can't say anything about that show either. So aside from her slightly happy personality (which from what I can see in the pilot seems to be a mask for when she's around Vaggie and the others) and underlying familial issues, as well as her inferiority Complex, it's hard to say whether or not Charlie is OOC. She might not be 1:1 from the show, any AU variant/Fanfic is going to have changes due to the outside world and beyond. Unless VivzeePop themselves confirm Fanon interpretations to be canon, I'm only going to go off of the "facts".

(Guest) Reader 451: If Jolyne did that with her Sycthe, which would be INSANE because she is not that strong yet, but if she did, Ruby would in fact catatonic. Glynda is Glynda, and the fluffles will indeed be missed.

With all of that out of the way, let's get into the chapter!

xxXXxxXXxx

[Jolyne]

The arena that had been selected for this little matchup was a rather large one, which was to be expected, especially considering who it was she was fighting, and for that she was glad. As for the arena itself, it was what one would have expected an arena to be; A sandy floor, walls that rose 30 feet upward, and an observation deck with obsidian glass windows off to the far left so that Ozpin and company could watch the soon-to-be onesided bloodbath. As for the length of the place, if she had to guess, it was about the size of three football fields stitched together, with the width of a baseball stadium with an open roof. A nice, large battlefield for a one-on-one fight.

She would complain, but there wasn't much to complain about. Personally, she would've preferred a lack of walls to make it feel more open, but then again she would be asking for too much. She had already cost them 250K in damages, so asking for anything more would be stretching it. They didn't need to bend to her whims. This wasn't like the last world, and she wouldn't allow it to be like the last world.

Goodwitch had explained to Jolyne what the rules of this match were to be. To put it into laments terms, there were no rules, aside from killing her opponent. That was the only thing she wasn't allowed to do, due to the special nature of paying a Blood Debt.

Her opponent, Raven, was running late. The reason for it was that Qrow, her brother, had to fetch her from the shared apartment they had. Jolyne found that infinitely hilarious, that Raven went from living like a ruler to living in squalor. Raven deserved worse in the Dragon's opinion, but she digressed.

Currently, Jolyne was decked out in her regular attire. She didn't change anything really. All she changed was that her Sycthe was now in her inventory because she wasn't going to use it—this was a blood debt that was being paid, not a death match, she didn't need to accidentally infect Raven with The Plague as funny as that would've been. The dual-haired teen had adjusted her eyepatch so that it wasn't as uncomfortable, and she had to refasten her boots. But aside from that, she wasn't in any special battlewear.

At first, she considered ending the fight instantly with her Finger Laser because that was probably all that was needed, but she decided against it. She wanted to make Raven suffer for what she had done to her and to others. This was her chance to make the bitch beg for mercy, so that was exactly what she was going to do. And to do that, she was going to limit herself to her Magu-Magu no Mi.

That might sound stupid—hell when she first thought about doing that she had believed that to be the case too. But when one considers the fact that, aside from her Aura, Raven had nothing really to combat against her power aside from her dust embued sword, so long as Jolyne was faster than her—which she was confident in the fact that she was—Raven stood no chance.