Chapter 46 - Styx, Stones, and Hellfire - Part 2

Oh boy.... Okay, so, this chapter is either going to piss everyone off or everyone is going to go "yeah, I saw that one coming." I think I've made it clear that this version of Remnant is very, very fucked up. I know that rubbed some people the wrong way, but it was understandable considering someone else was already there before Jolyne and made things worse as a result.

I've alluded to this for a while now, but this chapter is going to show just how fucked up the White Fang are in this version of Remnant. I'm not going to say anything else. You'll see what I mean in this chapter.

But, as always, before we get into the chapter, I have to respond to some Reviews/Comments!

[Response to Reviews/Comments]

(Qoutev) Shine375: Woooo! Mass Murder! Always a treat to see!

(Qoutev) TACO SENSEI: Oh, buddy, Danganronpa is gonna look like a short story compared to what I have planned for Remnant. I'm in this for the long run. That, and I'm not a fan of Time Skips. However, I can't deny that there won't be any.

(Qoutev) Idk is going microwave mode: Please do! I'd love to see some fan art for this story!

(Guest) Reader 451: Love the reference! And don't worry, that's not what's going to happen, I'm not that cruel to my characters.

Kolt999: There will be more of that sooner rather than later. These guys are going to be going through a lot of character development. They're not gonna stay young forever, and I plan to show that as the story goes on.

Aaaaaannnddd... yeah, I mean, I fucking hate Vernal. Like, lowkey, glad she died in canon RWBY. She was a fucking shithead, through and through. Then again, that could just be because I hated the Branwen Tribe, but even still, I feel like I could've gone harder on her. Also, the cult was kind of inspired by TTIGRAAS and how Rimeru won over the goblins in that show.

As for the WW2 metaphors... yeah, that's not an accident. As I've said before, this universe's version of Remnant is fucked up. I don't know how much I can stress that. Canon has been broken long before Jolyne showed up, so pretty much everything I'm doing in this is completely original with the world I'm using as a backdrop, along with the characters. Also, funny you should mention WW2 metaphors....

A-hem, anyways! As for Jaune... yeah, he's gonna be fun to write about in the future. I'm of the opinion that Jaune had no right to even show up at Beacon in Volume 1, however, that doesn't mean I don't like him. You'll see what I mean further down the line.

As always, have a good day, Kolt!

Now, onto the chapter!

xxXXxxXXxx

[Rantaro]

If Rantaro had a nickel for every time he had found himself locked up in a cage, he'd have two nickels. It wasn't a lot, but It was weird that it had happened to him twice. If he could remember correctly, the last time he found himself in this situation was when he had been wrongfully imprisoned by Fenrir for accidentally trespassing on one of their bases.

Honestly, back then he had thought he was going to die. Looking back on it, yeah, he probably should've. But, he was able to explain that he had no idea where he was, who these people were, and how he had even gotten there—which was true, on the account that he had never been to Saudia Arabia before at that date and time—and they believed him.

Oh, don't get it twisted, he had been tortured for some time by them, at least a month before he had been let go, which was probably why he was a bit loopy even to this day. But even so, that didn't change the fact that he couldn't help but feel nostalgia for being in yet another cage. This time, it was out in the open rather than in a dark, damp, insect-infested cave, and unlike the last time, he was next to what appeared to be a make-shift gallows, and sitting across from him was a scared-out-of-her-mind, mostly naked, Monaca.