Chapter 50 - Confusion and Disillusion - Part 3

Not counting the hiatus announcement and poll link, we are now on Chapter 50 of GOTM. 50 whole chapters, and we haven't even scratched the surface of what I have planned for the whole story, especially with the background B plot with ADAM, Daimen, and the other Gods (Don't think I forgot about that).

Before anyone asks about that, now that I've brought it up, there will be interlude chapters talking about that in the future. I actually have one planned to happen in the next 10 chapters from now, so look forward to that.

Also... MIRLIR IS BACK! Honestly, I was kind of worried that they'd dropped all of their stories, but they've been updating again, so I'm happy! I don't know if they're reading this (I highly doubt it, tbh) but if they are, know that you're my biggest inspiration!

That being said, let's get into my response to reviews/comments!

[Response to reviews/comments!]

(Qoutev) TACO SENSEI: Tyrone best doggo! And don't worry about Weiss, she'll be a-okay. Maybe... well, physically speaking, anyway. Mentally... not so much.

(Guest) Reader 451: Good, Jackie Chan movies are the bomb, and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be castrated. That aside, I've been meaning for Jolyne to have a bit of self-reflection for a while now. I just haven't had the chance to allow her the chance to do so, what with everything going on. Also, Ruby and the coin she picked up.... Uh, well, I don't know how people will react to what it is, but the cross should've given away as to who had placed it there. Speaking of the "who" we'll be seeing him in this chapter. It'll be fun, with lots of lore dumping and hints at what his goals are.

Kolt999: Weiss didn't have her Aura or Semblance unlocked when she was captured and enslaved. She was going to have it unlocked but got yoinked before it could. I won't give it away just yet, but it actually has something to do with a certain someone we all love to hate. He shows up in this chapter, so be prepared for that.

As I said when responding to Reader451 just above you, I've been meaning for Jolyne to have a bit of self-reflection and a potential hint toward a possible plot point later on. As for her conversation with Rantaro, I actually planned for it to go on a little longer and explain a bit more about the current situation, but for the sake of the length of the chapter, I decided to cut it down and save it for another time.

Then we get to Monaca. Yeah, Monaca has it a bit rough and things are kind of screwy with her. She, along with the other kids, will have a massive character arc in this world. After all, with the passage of time that will occur in this world, by the time the RWBYverse is over, her character will look extremely different.

I'll be honest, I was a little bit nervous about writing Yang, considering she was one of the "sensitive characters that the community loves" so I didn't want to do anything too big with her. But as the story goes on we'll see more of her. Taiyang is going to have a rough time of it, and I will deliver upon thee Grumpy Ruby at some point within the story.

Speaking of Ruby, yeah... she's another character I'm scared about writing for, especially considering what I did to her. I don't know how people are going to feel about it, but, as I'm constantly having to find myself saying, keep in mind what kind of story this is. At the end of the day, this is a harem, even if it doesn't fall into the typical tropes of a harem. I know this story has a lot of serious undertones but at the end of the day, this story is a Harem. We haven't had a chance to expand upon that, but it'll get there.

I was kind of heavy-handed when it came to what I have planned for a future arc, huh? Yeah, The White Fang is going to show up, and boy-oh-boy am I going to have a blast with that. 'Course that won't be for a bit, but I plan for that to happen.