.21.

Yuri nodded at Rome's words as she motioned for the men to sit and Rome to follow her to the kitchen. Flash grabbed his toy bone from the living room floor and dashed to follow behind them to the kitchen. Rome followed them, taking note of the home and how much Yuri had changed since the last time he had seen her. She had more tattoos, longer nails, blonde hair and wore more expensive brands. Seeing this side of her grew his interest more, and he didn't like the feeling.

"Want some water?" She asked him.

"Yeah." He replied, taking a seat at the island top counter while taking his suit jacket off and placing it ok the chair behind him.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" She asked again, handing him a Core water from the fridge.

Yuri took a seat in the chair, one chair away from Rome, propping her elbows on the island as she looked over at him. She took the chance to take him in, observing the change in his appearance. His hair had grown more, which he kept in braids, his facial hair had grown as well but trimmed nicely. She also noticed that he wore more jewelry and color.

Rome cleared his throat as he opened the water and took a drink, noticing that she had been staring him down. "I wanted to actually get something off of my chest and clear our little situation up."

"Okay, go on." Yuri told him.

"I chose to keep you for ninety days so that I could trust that you wouldn't go to the police and place yourself at my location with everything that was going on." Rome started.

"Okay, I knew that." She shrugged.

"You knew what you seen. You saw the ending but a murder happened that night and I couldn't have you placing yourself there that night and damaging a story that was told. Reed wasn't the only one who died that night and the story did not include either of you being at the location." He explained.

Yuri's eyes widened as she looked at him. "What? What murder?"

"I don't want to let you know more than you have to know. Just know that I was keeping you safe honestly and I didn't keep you for the death of your boyfriend. I couldn't care less about anything that I do for my business but I won't let other people's actions destroy my business. You would have been thrown in jail which would have resulted in me ending up there. Yes, I saved myself but I saved you too instead of killing you as well." He continued on.

"But why not let me know all of this instead of keeping me hostage?" She asked.

"I didn't know if I could trust you."

"I watched your men raise hell on my EX boyfriend to death." She told him in a dull tone.

"You hated him and had just found out that he had a family on the side. That had nothing to do with my business." He replied  in the same tone.

"I would have rather you had told me and said a week instead of ninety days."

"You only stayed for forty six."

"You counted?" She asked.

Rome shook his head. "Peso did."