29. A great loss

As Charisma and Keegan got to the clinic, the doctor came out to see them. "What's the verdict Doc is he gonna be okay?." Keegan asked him worriedly.

The doctor took a second. "I'm so sorry to tell you this ... he passed as we got him into theatre... there was nothing we could to he had lost way too much blood..

"No... no don't tell me that... you have to save him, do whatever it takes..." Keegan said as he shook his head and slammed his fists into the wall.

Charisma swallowed back her tears, she knew how close Keegan was to Wesley and she knew this would break him.
"Keegan... Keegan come here...

"No.. not him C.. no, we've been through everything since kindergarten... he knew everything about me.. everything.." he said in tears.
Charisma let him cry into her.
".... What the fuck am I gonna do without him...

 What the fuck am I gonna do without him

Charisma pushed back from him. "It'll be tough but you'll get there... it's a tough pill swallow when someone you love dies... right?.."
He looked at her.
"... that was exactly what you wanted to do to me.. kill me..

".. C I need you.. I need yo help.. I can't do it without you...

"You were going to KILL ME!.. so pull yo self together right now... because whoever took that shot at Wesley meant it for me.. and it could be me laying in there..." she paused. "But then again you wouldn't care if it was me because it's what you wanted...

"C... C please don't go... please..." he said in tears. "I get it... I was fucked up back then... and I'm even more fucked up now.... you even gave our baby up because of me...

"And lost countless others Keegan... she wasn't your only fault..." she walked back over to him.
He sat in the seat in total despair.
"Keegan." She said crouching in front of him,
"I've lived with it.. with you and your ways forever... but I am so tired, I can't keep doing this, especially if you're not on your meds... I am going to be living in fear because without them, anyone is game...

"I don't want to be on them my whole life, I don't want them to define me... I don't want to face facts that without them I'm insane...

Charisma knelt between his legs snd she held his face in her hands. "You're not insane... and inside, you have a heart that beats for your family, your kids... even your father and uncles and those that you have tried to win over and they continued to fuck you over... but I never felt that I was part of that heart beat from you... I always felt that I was on the outside looking in... wanting that love from you..." she wiped his tears. "I want.. no I need to feel loved and protected by you... I need you to be my safe space... because only you can do that, no one else comes close... you're not insane baby... you have been hurt, tortured, soul destroyed... Dean defined you back then...but he's gone... look at you now please... look in the mirror at the man that I see.. the father of my babies... the businessman... the wise man that you are and that your kids look up to... you outran his shit... and you can spit on his grave... you always lived in fear yourself that you were going to be just like him because he was your blood... But he is not, you're a fucking Taylor, not a Fraser.... And maybe, now after all this time you need to take your own name too... like I have... be who you are meant to be... but as much as I love you... and trust me I will always love you...you need to do it without me... you have hurt me too much..."

"... you know I've got no one now Wesley has gone...

"You have a whole family... sons and daughters and grandkids that need you and adore you... you can't call it love when you try to have me killed..." she told him. "I have to go... Dinah is on her way here... she'll take care of you...

"C please.... PLEASE!.." he called out heartedly.
Charisma closed her eyes and let her tears go as she got out of sight of him.
She cried for Wesley and she knew this was going to be a great loss in Keegan's life. She wished that they weren't at this crossroads and she had hoped he would pull through for her but instead, he literally tried to have her killed and that was something that she just couldn't see past.

————-

".... Where is C?..." Nash said rushing back to the trap.

"She's not here.. she went to the clinic..

"Why?." He said looking at her security.

"Wesley was here and he was shot... she went with Keegan... it was a sniper shot..."

Nash shook his head. "Fuck!.." he then got back in the car and headed off to try and find Charisma.

————

Charisma pulled up in her driveway. She was exhausted and just wanted some down time, to reflect on the life of a good man as in Wesley. She  knew the shot was meant for her so she needed to be fully aware of her surroundings. She let herself into her place and sat on the couch, fatigued and still in shock over losing Wesley who over the years had been a good ally for her and a sound board for Keegan, his voice of reason.

She heard a car screech up to the house. She grabbed her gun and she peered around the window. She saw it was Nash. Worried that someone was lurking to take her out, she opened the door and grabbed him, bringing him inside, shutting the door.
"....did you hear about Wesley?.."

"Yeah

"Yeah... C...

"That bullet was meant for me, I know it was..." she said. "But who the fuck...

"C!.." she stopped talking and looked at him. "I know who called a hit on you and on the Taylor mafia..."

"Who?."

"Sheikh Johan...

"Why?.." she said confused.

"He has 2 sugar babies that come over from LA by special order to be his playmates for a few months of the year... they get paid heavily for it...

"Nash... just tell me...

"Latisha and Hunny asked him to frame you... and asked him to end you..."

She stared at him. "So wait a second... yours and Keegan's whores ordered a hit on me?..."

He looked at her. "I'm sorry C... Latisha knew I had a thing for you.. she worked with Hunny who wants Keegan... and they concocted together with a powerful man who was being lead by his dick by the two of them... he will do anything for them.."

Charisma sat down again, she just stared ahead.
"I'm never gonna be able to escape this bullshit am I...

"... I'm so sorry... I know how much you want peace and I had no idea that Latisha was hating on you... I left her for Tonya not you...

"I'm down with all y'all and your fucking dicks.. just leave me the fuck alone...
She told him and shoved him out of the house....