24. Decoy

Charlotte sat quietly, she was a bit nervous and weirded out by how this had happened. Dinah sat with her but hadn't said a word to her.
Charlotte cleared her throat. "What is she like?.."

Dinah looked at her. "Charisma...
Charlotte nodded.
Dinah smiled. "She is a great person... she is kind and loving and she is so, beautiful.."

Charlotte smiled. "Is she a great mom... like, to the others?.."

Dinah nodded. "Yeah..." she paused. "Look, I'm sorry that this happened to you..."

"I'm grown

"I'm grown. And she had her reasons... I know she wanted me to find her because she left the pendant with me... I looked into who she is.. and I know she had a tough upbringing to... I know that she was in care... I know that she fought to become something... life skills coach, psychologist, I even saw her sing when she was a star...

"She was?." Dinah said with a smile.

"Yeah.. so beautiful... she was the talk of the world... she didn't stay out there too long, I don't know why... but she was on all the billboards and on tv... I didn't know it was her at that time I was too young... but I watched all the archives after... I wanted to immerse myself in who she was...

"She will want to see you... she just has it tough right now...

"Okay.." Charlotte said and chewed her finger nails nervously.

—————

Charisma waited at the house as she gave Jago orders for some of the new shipments that had docked. She paced, turning over and over in her mind that Charlotte was actually here in Saudi. The pull of wanting to see her, but the fear of her not being Keegan's was sending her into turmoil. She remembered what Keegan had said to her way back when she and Ryan had come together, it haunted her and sent chills down her spine, he was a scary, crazy man back then. It had even taken her years to tell him about Shauna who was a rape baby, because she knew how he would react, the fear of that made her keep her away the same as Charlotte. Back then he had beaten babies out of her and they were his own, so to protect Charlotte she placed her straight into care. But it made her feel like a terrible person and she had always had to live with that.
Now the guilt was eating her up inside.

She heard a car pull into the drive, she looked out and saw that security had allowed a phantom through. "Oh shit!." She said to herself. She had completely forgotten that her sister, father-in-law and Nash were coming to see her.

She took a deep breath and opened the door. Jenson was first in, he didn't say anything to her. Nash just looked at her and Lena didn't smile.
".... The warehouses were hit..." Jenson began straight away.

".... I heard...

"Oh you heard?..." Jenson furrowed his brow. "It's funny how out here you're working with at least 3 sets of cartels that want to overthrow the mafia...