23. Only her

Keegan felt his cell buzz in his pocket, he got off of the bed in his hotel room and as he was about to see who was on the other end there was a loud knock on the door.
"Wesley man... I said keep this on the low...
He opened the door to see Charisma standing staring at him.

"Really?... you lied to me...

"Like you don't lie to me

"I have not lied to you Keegan.. so what are your intentions here... why are you hanging around in hotels, keeping fucking tabs on me!." She snapped angrily.

"The mafia got hit..

"Oh I know...

"Was that down to you C..

She stared at him with her brow furrowed, a hurt expression on her face. "Why would I do that.. TELL ME.. what would I gain from it.. is that why Lena, your father and Nash are coming here.. to see me..." she shook her head. "I didn't do this...

"Sheikh Johan and Hassan Marx are mighty tight C.. and you're telling me you didn't know?.."

"I took over as his supplier of arms you know that... that is all I do with Johan.. talk fucking shipments!.. I'm not in his pocket...he has never mentioned to me that he wanted to take down the Taylor mafia ever..."

"Jakob is gonna get the blame for this... the Albanians and the Taylor mafia are going to go to war.. and while we're concentrating on that over there... sheikh Johan and Hassan move in on the businesses... and you're telling me you couldn't see any of it?..."

"I wasn't looking for it...

"Why the fuck do you think I'm still here!.." he yelled.

"Because you want to hurt me... you're being so different and difficult...

"Every time I see you, I see you and him, I have had sex with you to try and cast out that vision that feeling but I CANT!... but I am here to make sure you stay safe.. and that you don't do something stupid with the wrong people..." he shook his head. "You took the name on... now you have to live with what comes with that.. and it isn't gonna be pretty... people are going to want to come for you any which way they can and they will....

Charisma saw his pill pot on the floor by the wall. She walked over and picked it up. She read the date and noticed that this pot had not even been opened. She looked at him. "You're not taking them.. oh my god!.. after everything you're not taking them?... why Keegan, why would you do that?.." she was worried. "Our family is falling apart and you do this....

He sat on the bed. "I just wanted the pain to go away..." he hung his head. "I didn't want to see you and my uncle anymore.. I couldn't bear it.."

She sat next to him. "You promised you would take these so we wouldn't have a rerun of what happened...you've gone against it... and already you're turning on me...