16. From the heart

Venice pulled up outside of Angel's. She walked over to Josh. "Are they okay?."

"Apart from being sick, yeah.. they are fine, but Valentina is asking for you..." Josh looked at Tyson in the car seat still sitting in her car. "Sis. Just go in and talk to the man.. and let me take lil man... probably not a great idea to take yo love child to see him..."

Venice rolled her eyes but knew Josh was right. She gave him the keys to her car as she took a deep breath and walk to the door where she was shown inside by one of Angels men.
She walked in and Angel came down the stairs. She looked up at him, "don't do that to me again.. I've been worried sick."

"The thing is you know I'm not gonna have the kids at the trap, so why didn't you just come straight here!." He said to her. "Instead of sending in yo brothers... don't make me out to be a complete asshole Venice..."

"I just wanna see them?."

"They're in our bed... I mean my bed... they both have a virus and I have been looking after them." He said as she followed him up to the room.

"Mommmyyy." Valentina said happy to see her mom.

"Aww baby..." she sat on the bed and gave her a hug. Mitchel was playing ex box while he was sat in bed. "Earth to Mitchel."

"Hey mom." He said and carried on just as any young boy would.

"Can I talk to you for a second." Angel said to her.
Venice kissed Valentina's head and got off the bed. She walked with Angel outside of the room and shut the door. "You don't think I would hurt them do you?.."

"No.. but that doesn't mean that you wouldn't hurt me, and you know the way to get to me is through my kids.." she told him.

He sniggered and shook his head

He sniggered and shook his head. "you think that you've got me all worked out, don't you... but you are so wrong... I'm just really shit at apologising..."
She looked at him and frowned, not understanding.
"Venice.... I love you... I'm in love with you... I did let yo dad get in the way of us... and I'm sorry.. and then I decided to take it out on you.. and again I'm sorry... I hate not being with you... I know in the very beginning yo father didn't like us being together, and then he came around to the idea, only because he knew that I could protect you and train you... But I need you to know that for me our relationship meant so much more. For me, it was love not work, not business, just love... and I've messed up V..."

She chewed her lips as she pondered on what to say. "I have been so worried that you've been planning something... you've been standoffish, yet still around... I get an eerie feeling every-time I see you because you have always been so good at hiding your feelings and true intentions... I never wanted to fight with you... I messed up to.... I Just couldn't see a way out when you and dad were at each others throats over Gina I felt trapped and scared... and worried every day that you would take it out on me which you did..." she paused. "I met Orion and... he set me free... but I never stopped loving you... I just needed some peace from being the piggy in the middle between you and dad..."
He pulled her to him and held her.
"... you said you would never raise another man's child so I'm so confused where do I go from here?..."