Chapter 40_The Lifeless Sea_

Start from the beginning

Smoke and steam block the view as the broken ice wall cracks with visible tears. 

With blood covering her left shoulder, Velzard hit the absolute limit of her patience, and as the wound slowly started to heal she snapped her shoulder back into place because if she let it place itself back on its own it would be dangerous.

She fixes her gaze on the dragon trying her best to hide her annoyance. 

(That big piece of leather is just standing there!! No Velzard, don't lose focus, there must be a catch to this. 

If he has a defense equal to that bullshit Rudra always used there has to be a catch, the only problem is that my power would run low, if that skill does not use any magicules, I would be wasting my energy and I would definitely lose..

At least with him being on the defensive, it gives me time to think… Let's see, every time I attack he just--) 

But then she felt it again.

Like someone was behind her preparing a cold sneak attack aimed at her exposed back. 

I could feel a chill run down my spine before my instincts pulled me out of it, allowing me to barely but effectively dodge the attack. 

As my body moved out of the way, the long black tail that was once again used to attack slipped past my eyes as I saw it all in slow motion.

My body shot the other way before the ice chunks exploded out of the floor due to the tail’s impact flying past me, the tail itself grazing my cheek.

"B-but h-how?" Velzard asked in shock as she touched the cheek that was now bleeding.

The speed at which the attack traveled was too fast for his size and mass...

She should have been hit... 

But the only reason she wasn't is because... 

That was her attack... 

She saw it...

She tried it...

And she perfected it so many decades ago...

As the small bits of ice fall to the ground and the water steam settles down, a black dragon tail emerges from the smoke. 

Swinging from left to right it suddenly stopped before the dragon's jaws jumped at her. 

She ducks close to the ground narrowly dodging the jaws before she feels it again. 

His movements felt eerily similar. 

As she realised what it was she turned around only to get hit by the tail that swung after the jaws. 

She blocks the best she can but is once again flung towards the ice wall. 

As she picked herself up, every single battle instinct she was suppressing emerged.

It took her so long to figure it out, so long to get used to the tail, the wings, the jaw...

Plain old attacking and biting was easy but the ways she used to attack her brother were far beyond what a giant mass like that dragon should be able to do.

Jumping and swinging around like a swordsman would do, making heavy and powerful attacks expected of a dragon, and having slick and fast movements like a cat.

All turned into a way of fighting that made the True Dragons as maneuverable and as fast as any other dedicated battlers.

A way of movement that allowed them to move with speeds and accuracy impossible for their mass...