Chapter 40_The Lifeless Sea_

The cold waters of the ice sea foam as they hit the platform's walls. Splashing around the smaller ice platforms that have formed atop the sea the water resembles hot oil as it splashes in and out of the pan. 

Due to its high magicule density, the cold water burns the skin with just a touch as was figured out by sailors who were too late to realize it. 

Due to that burning effect, the sea gives instant frostbite to many of even the strongest of water species leaving only the strongest of monsters to swim in it. 

Yet even those leviathans decided to sit this day out as they retreated to the deepest trenches that the cold sea could offer. 

Thousands of fishing villages were evacuated and millions of ships were left for dead as the oldest of leviathan's retreated to the warmer seas, some even to the shores, knowing the 17 km trench wouldn't be enough for this one. 

A deadly sea was never this lifeless no matter how hard it tried. 

And all it took were two lizards. 

Standing on the two largest pieces of ice, the two opponents analyzed each other.

The white dragon was calm yet she still showed signs of frustration, meanwhile the black dragon was silent.

The sea splashes around the ice pieces before a big splash sends water high into the air between them. 

(Now!!) Velzard internally shouts as her dragon form shoots forward before disappearing into smoke as she once again turns back into human form.

Now with her body being much lighter, she gains immense speed in less than a few picoseconds. 

*A/N: I am studying to be an engineer so I know what this means now☺️*

She uses the high density magicules in the water to confuse her enemy's senses and hide her presence as she shoots right through the water with her hands at the ready. 

Sending a glowing fist aimed right under the dragon's left eye, she uses her skill to slow the dragon down, preventing him from being able to fully dodge.

In the next moment, her fist connects, and an explosion occurs. 

As the smoke has yet to clear she suddenly sees some weird glow. 

"{Fullcounter}" A deep and rough voice spoke as the air trembled to its words.

She then feels a dangerous presence, as if someone is standing directly behind her, she can feel their breath and almost see their shadow before a force equal to her punch knocks her away.

Landing on the water she creates a platform to stand on as her nose slightly bleeds, she wipes the blood off with her sleeve before giving the dragon a dirty look. 

(The attack was blocked like it was nothing! Hell, he didn't even flinch when it first connected... Is it a defensive skill?) 

Velzard was deep into thought, she was trying to figure out a reason for how he perfectly defended her attack.

(Even after blocking one of my strongest attacks he still has energy left over… If it is a defensive skill of this magnitude this isn't gonna be e--) 

She however gets no time to recover or analyze the situation as right along the sea level, the dragon slides one of its wings aiming for her legs. 

With her small and light figure, she skillfully dodges the wing as she jumps over it but fails to see the tail that has been using the wing's shadow as its cover. 

Preparing to receive the strike, she creates an ice barrier using the rather moist air before unexpectedly, the tail changes direction sliding below her barrier and using movement similar to a whip, drastically inverting its direction while still increasing its momentum sending her flying into a nearby ice wall.