'Was it because of my father's request that you let me marry your son?'

"....It was an old favor I owe him once"

Arabella furrowed her eyebrows. Wasn't it supposed to be a business contract or something?

"Your old man forced me to take you as my daughter in law. Crazy man,if it wasn't for the favor,I'd have killed you"

Arabella shuddered when the woman's eyes glared at her. If looks could kill,she'd be dead.

"And you had some nerves to ask me questions. I wouldn't have tolerated your indecency if it weren't for your status as my son's wife"

Arabella kept her lips sealed knowing she shouldn't test her luck.

Mrs.Carrington sighed,"Anyways,you can stay here until the party is over. Or you could go back to Ian"

Arabella quickly wrote and showed,'Thank you for letting me stay here madam. I will try to not appear infront of you'

And like that,Arabella stayed there. She'd rather face Mrs.Carrington than her annoying husband who tried to kill her.

________

Though she intended to spend her time alone,there was this bastard she couldn't avoid,her so called brother. He had barged into the mansion and dragged her out of the mansion to speak. In the backyard,both of them found a small garden with a fountain in the middle. A lot of flower trees were there as decorations while bees and butterflies were buzzing around happily.

Jeremy and Arabella sat at a table as Jeremy complained about the bugs buzzing around him. "Fuck,I hate these bloody bugs"

Arabella rolled her eyes. She looked at the beer bottle on the table infront of her. Jeremy had brought that with him as he came to talk.

I want a sip

Arabella wanted to drink it. It's been so long since she had tasted beer. Beer with something spicy is her favourite. But after transmigrating to this novel,she was busy planning her survival that she forgot how to enjoy a sip of beer.

Her sneaky hand went to the bottle but Jeremy was quick to notice. He immediately took it away with an annoyed look. "Fuck off bitch. Buy your own stuff"

He sighed as he took a gulp from his bottle. "Tsk,should have let you die yesterday. What a nuisance"

Arabella had an incredulous look. It was not like she asked his help,he just came out of nowhere and helped her?

"Are you happy now? After getting almost killed by your husband? Are you still in love with him?"

Arabella glared at him but said nothing. She couldn't afford to piss this man. Who knows what he would do if she pisses him off. If Ian could almost kill her,he would definitely kill her. But why did he help her then? Does he really care for his sister?

"Just go fucking die alone,why don't you? Wouldn't that be better than getting killed by your love of the life? Pathetic"

Arabella felt a vein popping out of her forehead. Initially she didn't want to say anything but he is just crossing his limits with his insults. How the heck could he tell his own sister to go kill herself after almost getting killed literally? Is it a dark mafia joke she doesn't know?