The Third Task

The time had finally come for the final task. Oliver was feeling extremely nervous, his heart pounding in his chest, but also filled with a surge of excitement, eager for the tournament to come to an end. Walking into the grand arena, Oliver and Henry were accompanied by their doting mother, whose presence provided a comforting reassurance amidst the overwhelming atmosphere. The deafening roar of the Crowd made it hard for Oliver to even hear his own thoughts, as it seemed like the entire arena was pulsating with energy. The crowd was sharply divided, with a sizeable majority of spectators fervently chanting for all four courageous champions.

"Silence!" Dumbledore declared as he stood on a podium in the middle. "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now, since Henry Montclair-"

Before Dumbledore could finish his sentence, the crowd erupted into a thunderous cacophony of cheers, their adoration for Henry resounding throughout the arena. Taking this moment to bask in the applause, Mrs. Montclair proudly raised Henry's arm, causing the cheer to escalate to an even greater intensity.

"And Oliver Montclair-" Dumbledore continued, his voice resolute and commanding, but once again he was cut off by the deafening roar of the crowd.

The mention of Oliver's name ignited the entire arena, cheers erupted from every direction, with Hermione's voice seemingly the loudest of them all. Unable to contain her excitement, she jumped up and down, pumping her fists in the air for everyone to see. Oliver's mother, beaming with pride, raised his hand alongside Henry's, creating a wave of applause and support that washed over them both.

"Since they are tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze followed by Mr. Krum and Miss Delacour," Dumbledore announced.

Mrs. Montclair rushed forward, wrapping both her boys in a tight embrace. "No matter which one of you comes out of this as the winner, I want you to know I am extremely proud of both of you. Good luck!" she said warmly, planting a kiss on each of their cheeks before stepping back and returning to her seat, her heart brimming with love and hope for her courageous sons.

"So, this is it, huh?" Henry said, his voice filled with a mix of nerves and excitement.

"Yup," Oliver replied casually, trying to mask his own nervousness.

"You know I'm gonna win this, right?" Henry said confidently, a broad smile stretching across his face.

Oliver couldn't help but laugh. "In your dreams, bro," he retorted playfully.

Henry extended his hand for a handshake, and Oliver shook it firmly, a glimmer of friendly competition in their eyes.

"May the best man win," Oliver said, a touch of sincerity in his voice.

"Of course! The best man always wins. Me!" Henry laughed, his confidence shining through.

"Contestants, gather around!" Dumbledore ordered.

The four contestants obediently gathered around Dumbledore, forming a huddled position as he extended his arms out to include them all.

"People change in this treacherous maze. Find the cup, if you can, but be extraordinarily cautious. Along the way, you might just lose yourselves," Dumbledore warned, his voice filled with both wisdom and concern.

Oliver and Henry locked eyes, their playful expressions now vanished, replaced by a mask of complete seriousness and nervousness.

"Henry, Oliver, take your positions!" Dumbledore declared.

Oliver and Henry stood at separate entrances to the maze. Oliver turned to look back at Hermione, who was passionately cheering in the crowd, blowing him good luck kisses. A smile spread across his face before Moody placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, leaning in close to offer some last-minute advice.