Something's Off

The students left the class, their minds reeling from the horrors they had witnessed. Hermione, her tears still streaming down her face, walked slowly, weighed down by the weight of what she had seen. Oliver, recognizing her need for support, walked beside her, gently placing his arm over her shoulders in a gesture of comfort and solidarity.

As they made their way through the corridor, a heavy silence hung in the air, broken only by Ron's voice. "Brilliant, isn't he?" Ron said, his tone filled with a mix of awe and unease. "Completely mental, of course, and terrifying to be in the same room with, but he's really been there, you know?"

Hermione, her voice cracked with emotion, abruptly turned to face Ron, her eyes blazing with a mix of fury and disbelief. "There's a reason those curses are unforgivable!" she shouted. "And to perform them in a classroom?! It's completely unnecessary and goes against everything we should stand for!"

Ron, caught off guard by Hermione's outburst, fell silent.

"Yeah, that guy is definitely off his rocker," Oliver chimed in.

"That poor, poor insect," Hermione said, her voice trembling with emotion as tears began to well up in her eyes once more.

Oliver hugged her even tighter, whispering comforting words, "Shhh, it's okay, it's okay. At least it's not in any more pain."

As Hermione cried softly into his shoulder, Oliver looked up and noticed Moody glaring at them from the top of the stairwell. Moody's gaze held an intensity that sent shivers down Oliver's spine. Without breaking eye contact, Moody slowly turned and walked away, leaving Oliver with a lingering sense of unease.