Not An Owl

Hermione and Oliver were sitting under a tree by the lake together.

"Are you doing okay?" Hermione asked Oliver as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"Pffft, never better, Hermione," Oliver responded sarcastically.

"I'm really sorry about what Henry did. What kind of person attacks his own brother like that?"

"I'm not exactly innocent in that whole thing, Hermione. I kinda attacked him too," Oliver said with a hint of remorse in his voice.

Hermione lifted her head from Oliver's shoulder, concern etched on her face. "You didn't have a choice, Oliver. It was self-defense. He was going after you, and you had to protect yourself."

Oliver sighed, the weight of the situation pressing down on him. "I know, Hermione, but it still doesn't feel right. We used to be close, and now... Everything has changed."

Hermione cupped Oliver's face with her hands, her eyes locked onto his. "Look at me," she said. "None of this is your fault. Despite how stupid Henry is, I'm sure he'll realize that one day. Then it'll be up to you to decide if you forgive him or not."

"We'll see. Henry is probably the dumbest person I know, so it doesn't surprise me he blames me for everything," Oliver said, a tinge of bitterness in his words.

Hermione gave him a comforting kiss, her touch infused with affection. "Enough wasting our breath on that dope. There's something I want to ask you."

"Oh yeah, and what is that?" Oliver asked.

Before Hermione could speak, a voice called out to Oliver from a distance.

"Oliver!" The voice echoed through the air, prompting Oliver to turn his attention away from Hermione.

Oliver instantly recognized the voice—it was Isabella. He quickly got up and greeted her with a smile. "Hey, Izzy! What's up?"

Isabella's face showed signs of annoyance. "Henry wanted me to tell you that Neville told him that Harry told him that Moody is looking for you."

Oliver looked at her in complete confusion, his eyebrows furrowed. "Uh... what?"

"Please don't make me say it again," Isabella said, her tone filled with annoyance. "Basically, Moody is looking for you."

Isabella turned around to walk away, but Oliver couldn't let her go without a response.

"Well, you can tell Henry-"

"I'M NOT AN OWL!" Isabella's voice carried across the air, cutting Oliver's sentence short. She turned back around to face him, frustration evident on her face. "If you want to talk to him, do it yourself."