Eddie Munson- Change (c)

It was hard to not know who Eddie Munson was. He may not be well liked at Hawkins High, but he was well known, loud and excitable. Before you met him personally, you had already been told more about him than any of your other peers, a majority of them lies but a few truths, along with what you could learn from his loud conversations in the dining hall. Even though you made habit of ignoring rumours, you still doubted you'd have much in common with him as you knew nothing about metal music nor dungeons and dragons but that didn't mean you felt anything negative towards him, having often exchanged smiles across the halls in greeting, as you did with many other students.

You may have doubted that you would get along with him but now that you spent a lot of your time outside of school hanging out with him, Steve Harrington and Robin Buckley, you felt as though doubts weren't to be called upon. You looked like the oddest quartet but somehow you were friends, having been best friends with Robin since you were toddlers, the other two joining later; but even you and Robin seemed like an odd pair, her sarcastic and brutal tone whilst you were blindly optimistic.

Like every Saturday you were heading to Family Video to meet Robin and Steve when they got off work, but recently Eddie had started to come by your home to pick you up to save you walking across town. He was never later so as the clock struck the hour, you heard his van pull up outside your house. You didn't waste any time to run out to slide into the passenger seat.

You slung your rucksack off your shoulder into the foot well, doing your best to not get anything stuck to it from the junk on his floor.

"You really need to make me one of those," he commented, gesturing to the care bear rucksack at your feet.

Not wanting to throw out your old care bears, you had converted your favourite few into bags, gutting them of their stuffing and adding a zipper and straps.

You cocked an eyebrow at him, his jacket sporting more metal band patches than you could name.

"Because you like care bears," you retorted. "Something makes me think you're lying to me, Munson."

He let out a nervous laugh as he begun to drive, his hands gripping tightly to the wheel and his eyes glued to the road ahead.

"Why would I lie to you?" He asked.

You couldn't help but laugh at him. "The guy that the whole town thinks is in league with the devil, likes care bears? Like how you insisted that you wanted scratch and sniff stickers on your guitar, and you love going roller-skating even though you spent both times either on the floor or clinging to my arm."

Eddie shrugged his shoulders. "I'm a complex guy. I didn't think you were so shallow to take things by face value."

As he peered at you out of the corner of his eyes, you offered him a warm smile.

"I don't take you for face value, and I know you are more complex than a demon worshipper, but I do truly doubt that you care about going to the roller rink or stickers that smell like candy."

"Well, I hadn't ever tried them," he admitted. "But if you like them, then they can't be half bad."

"You don't have to pretend to like things I like," you said, reaching out to give his arm a reassuring squeeze. "You don't need to change anything about you, I already like you."

His head snapped towards you. "You like me?"

You playfully rolled your eyes at him. "Of course, I like you. How could I not like you?"

The smile on his face grew to its extreme, briefly looking at the road to make sure he wasn't about to hit anything.

"Steve and Robin said you did but I didn't believe them," he grinned. "They thought I was a complete idiot for not telling you how I felt but I thought you'd just laugh in my face."

"I believed them when they told me," you said.

"You knew I liked you?"

"I'm not blind, Eddie," you smiled. "I didn't even need them to tell me. I just wanted to make sure you were sure before I said anything."

He took one hand off the wheel, blindly holding it out to you until you laced your fingers with his.

"I'm more sure than anything else."

~*~

Written by Charlotte