Eddie Munson- Bad Timing (c)

It was hard to not know who Eddie Munson was. He had made his mark on Hawkins High before you had started there and now that you were both seniors, granted it was his third time, you had become familiar with his antics. You had never had more than the passing greeting with him, never really becoming friends. You ran in similar circles, both being deemed 'freaks' by the majority of the school's cohort, both falling into the alternative crowds but always managing to miss each other in your general interactions in your daily school life.

When you thought about school and pass that, you didn't think much would come between the two of you. You had mindless watched him and found him attractive and somewhat pleasant, even if a bit obnoxious but you never sought anything to happen and doubted, you'd really interact anymore than you normally did. That was all until he was public enemy number one and needed somewhere to hide from the murderous mob, after him for the murder of Chrissy Cunningham. You may not have known him well, but you knew he wasn't a murderer, and it may not have been ideal, but you were willing to harbour the fugitive if it meant he didn't come to harm.

It was hard to adapt to at first. You were practical strangers having to adapt to living together along with the added limitations to your life now that you held his livelihood in your hands. As you got to know each other and realised why you hung out in similar crowds, you actually got along well.

You did your weekly shop, trying not to buy too much more than normal as to not let people question why you bought so much, and returned home with it. You put away all the perishables before taking the bag of luxury items you had gotten for Eddie down to the basement where he lived for the majority of the time.

"They didn't have the chips you wanted," you stated. "But I got you a couple of different ones. If you don't like them then I'll have them."

His eyes lit up like a child in a toyshop for the first time as he dug threw the small bag of goodies that you had gotten him. The innocent expression on his face only made you question further how people could think he was guilty of murder.

"These are great," he grinned. "Thank you."

You nodded your head at him in response.

Eddie looked back at his chips before looking back up at you, his smile faltering slightly.

"Not just for these, for everything," he explained. "Thank you for believing me, even I don't believe me sometimes."

You shrugged your shoulders. "If you were trying to lie to me about your innocence, then that story would not have helped you at all."

A story of some sort of possession leading to the death of a cheerleader seemed farfetched especially when the local satanist freak was the only witness and made for the perfect suspect, but you couldn't believe he would do that, or do anything to hurt someone.

Eddie sighed. "I know it's a bad time and I am eternally grateful for what you've done for me and maybe it's the fact you're the only reason I've not been burned at the stake or gutted or maybe it's that you're the only one who kind of gets me... I don't know but I guess I'm into you or something. I've always thought you were cute... but I thought you hated me from the way you glared at lunch at me... maybe... I don't know... now that I know you... well I think I know you well now and I wish it was a different circumstance because I would ask you out. I guess I can't ask you out now... maybe I never could... we couldn't go anywhere but I'm living in your house, and I can't keep it to myself anymore. I'm sorry... I shouldn't... it's not right to put that on you... I..."

A smile had curled onto your lips, partially at his words but mainly at his nerves and words stumbling over one another as he tried to talk. Eddie had avoided your gaze, paying his attention to his darkly painted nails that he was chipping away through his nervous gestures.

"I never thought I'd see the day," you grinned.

He cocked an eyebrow at you.

"I didn't think it was possible for Eddie Munson to become lost for words."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.