Nancy Wheeler- Break (c)

Whenever you knew you had exams coming up, you threw yourself heart and soul into the preparations and studying that was needed to do well. You hoped that you could get impressive grades to join your extracurricular activities to get you into one of the best universities that the country could offer as one of the paving stones to a successful future. Your ambition was what stood in your way though. You had so many hopes and dreams that you ended up inside of your own head and resulting in too much self-doubt that would lead to your own failure.

For the last few weeks, you had spent every spare minute outside of class studying for your upcoming chemistry exam but no matter how frequently you read the words upon the page, it felt as though you had no knowledge on the subject at all. You had barely seen your girlfriend, Nancy, in that time, knowing she was also studying but nowhere near to the extent you were. It was turning evening on a Saturday when she turned up at your door, your mother letting her in and sending her up to your room where you had been cooped up since you left school the previous day.

"Your mum said you didn't go down for dinner or breakfast or lunch," Nancy stated as she entered your bedroom, not bothering with general greetings.

"I can eat when I ace this exam. I've been going over my notes and the textbook but none of it even makes any sense to me anymore," you said holding your head in your hands.

Nancy pulled the textbook and pile of papers from in front of you, ignoring your shouts of disagreement.

"You know the content, Y/N," she assured you. "But you're too tired and dehydrated and hungry to focus. You've also looked at the content too much that it's starting to seem foreign to you. You need to take a break and it'll all make sense."

You shook your head. "I can't take a break."

She tried to look down at you sternly but to you she would always be too sweet to be stern.

"You can and you will. We're going to go downstairs get you some dinner and some water, take a couple of laps of the garden to get you some air and stretch your legs then we can come back I'll quiz you on the content and any weak spots we find from that, I can help you work on those weaker topics."

You let out a sigh. Nancy was one of the best students at the school so you couldn't really argue with her when it came to studying techniques.

"Fine," you huffed. "You can be really annoying sometimes, you know that?"

She smiled, leaning in to peck your cheek. "I know."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.