Gareth Emerson- Nurse (c)

"Fuck!"

Gareth yanked his hand away from you, clasping it to his chest, cradling it in his other hand. You lowered the alcohol-soaked pad onto the kitchen counter, shooting him a glare.

"Hold your hand still or I will make sure your fingers are broken," you stated. "I don't want to hurt you, but who knows what the fuck is on the bottom of Jason's shoes and I'm not a fan of the idea of you dying from infection."

He avoided your stare, releasing his grip on his hand, tentatively holding it back out to you.

"Do you think I will be able to play next week?" He asked.

You shrugged your shoulders. "Probably. I don't think he broke any bones, and once I've cleaned up the cut, we'll ice it and see how bad the swelling gets."

You picked up the pad again with one hand, gently holding his hand atop of your other.

"This will sting, but you've got to be a big boy and put up with it," you explained.

"You're taking joy in this, aren't you?" He huffed.

"What makes you think I enjoy cleaning up my boyfriend's hand after some douchebag decided to attack him?" You asked. "Frankly I'm more worried about what they're going to do with Eddie when they find him."

Before he could argue again, you pressed the pad down onto the small wound on his hand. Gareth hissed through his teeth but let you finish up cleaning out any dirty from it. You quickly put a dressing over the wound, hoping you wouldn't have to return to wrapping up broken fingers after the ice had taken its affect.

"All clean," you smiled softly, raising the injured hand to your lips for a soft kiss.

"You thought about becoming a nurse?" He chuckled.

You made your way over to the freezer to fish out a bag of something that wouldn't spoil if it was kept out of the freezer for a little. You settled on a bag of peas.

"Nah," you said. "I'm only a nurse for handsome drummers."

You handed him the bag of peas. He placed it on top of his knuckles, wincing at the pain caused by the pressure.

"Well by the looks of things you've got my ego to tend to too," he sighed. "You think they're ever going to let me live that down?"

Although he had been somewhat courageous for standing up to Jason, having the altercation end with his hand being crushed would still be something his friends would mock him for.

"Let them try giving you shit and see what I do about it," you assured him. "They'll be the ones after a nurse."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.