Eddie Munson- Truth or Dare: Part 2 (c)

The game continued for a short while before you moved on to general chit chat until you all needed to part for the evening. Eddie had driven you to Gareth's that evening so offered to drive you home as well, which before the evening had occurred, you didn't fathom how awkward the drive could end up being.

As soon as you were sat together in the van, the moment of silence got to you and you needed to tell him what was going on in your head, you needed to be honest, or you felt as though your friendship would never be saved.

"About earlier..." you trailed off.

You wanted to be honest, but it was hard. It was hard to put into words how you had felt for so many years but kept buried down; it was hard to know this conversation could be the last of your friendship and it was hard to be honest with him when you'd spent so long lying to yourself.

"Can I say something first?" He asked.

You nodded your head. You felt completely panicked that he would tell you to get out of the van, to never speak to him again but you needed to hear it and hope that maybe you'd never have to admit how you felt or make the friendship more awkward than it already started to feel.

"The kiss... well it was... well... wow," he started. "Fuck it. Y/N, I've wanted to do that for so bloody long, and I never thought you could like me back. I'm the town freak and I felt lucky enough to have you as my friend, you put up with all my shit, you come to hellfire even though you rarely know what is going on, you come to all my shows and you're always there no matter what. I just didn't want to ruin what we've got but if I knew you liked me too... well... I wish I had said something earlier. I wish our first kiss wasn't in front of them and because of a dare."

His words became engraved in your mind, holding onto each one as your hands began to become sweaty and your mouth dry.

"Wait... how did you know I liked you?" You asked. "I thought I was going to have to try and put how I felt into words without passing out.

"Your kiss already gave you away," he chuckled. "Not that I've kissed many people, but I know that wasn't just a dare and I know that wasn't the kind of kiss you'd give to someone you just saw as a friend."

Your face begun to feel warm as you avoided his gaze.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that too," you whispered. "I'm just glad you didn't slap me or puke."

He smiled at you, guiding your face back to him with a gentle movement of your chin.

"Maybe we could try it again?" He asked.

You nodded your head. "I would love to."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.