Jim Hopper- Cherry (a)

"You too!" Hopper flailed his arms at his side in a childish act of annoyance. "I'm telling you what I told Alex... they are the same. Cherry, strawberry, I do not care. There is no way I'm going back to the store in this heat. You get what you get if you don't like it then next time you can go." Hopper held out his tired arm, exposing his sweated armpit but you stood firm in your reluctance to take the slushed drink. "Come on y/n just take the damned drink." With great reluctance you took the bright red, icy treat and took a big sip through the straw. You let the sweet drink swish and dance around your mouth, and almost immediately a wave of cool washed over your sunburnt skin.

"I'm sorry Jim, this is pretty good. I actually think this might be better than the cherry one." Somehow Jim managed to make himself look frustrated even when sucking through a straw, something you didn't know was possible.

"I told you!" He said trying not to spill the cold drink from his mouth. "It's the same shit, it's 99% sugar what difference does it make." After so much time battling Demogorgon, closing gates and just generally stopping the world the simplicity of just a normal afternoon lounging around and basking in the sun felt like the best vacation in the world. "Oh god..." Jim clutched at his head, sat the wet cup on the arm of the chair and groaned in pain.

"Jim, are you alright?" You asked, leaning over shaking his shoulders firmly, your mind filling with all the horrible memories of fighting for your lives around Hawkins. "Jim... what's wrong? Answer me!" He leant backwards; his eyes closed tightly in pain.

"Brain freeze..." he mumbled through clenched teeth. "I've got brain freeze real bad y/n."

"You asshole!" You smacked Jim's arm in frustration as he laughed through his terrible pain. "I thought something bad was about to happen, you can't do that shit to me!" His laugh slowly subsided as he opened his eyes and brought the straw back up to his lips.

"It's not my fault, I can't help it." He chuckled again in between hearty gulps. You released the straw from your lips and slowly felt the creeping pain invade your head, you sat the cup down and clutched at the sides of your head.

~*~

Written by Aaron.