Steve Harrington- Argument (c)

Conflict was something that you struggled to handle. You despised arguments and disagreeing with people, being a people pleaser to a fault and whenever an argument did arrive you always chose flight as a safety mechanic. Normally it wasn't too much of a problem, you did your best to stay on the good side of people and avoided situations involving conflict, but little did you realise how often conflict could occur in a relationship, even if it was minor elements that in the whole scheme of things didn't matter.

Normally you and Steve were happy and didn't find anything to argue about in your relationship but there were times that they were unable to be avoided. The argument had barely formed before you panicked and hadn't spoken to him since. You blamed yourself wholeheartedly for the argument and couldn't see a way of him forgiving you for it, so what was the point in trying to speak to him. You had barely left your house and had ignored the phone each time it rang, in fear it would be him shouting at you, not that he had ever done that before.

You had found yourself curled up in bed often looking at photos of the two of you and listening to songs that reminded you of him. That's where you were when someone knocked at your door. At first you ignored it, hoping they'd leave but when a few moments later, they knocked again, you decided to answer it.

There stood Steve Harrington, the person you had avoided for over a week but had been the only person that you had wanted to see.

"Steve?" You croaked, trying to swallow the tears that wanted to continue to fall.

"Thank God, Y/N," he sighed. "I've been worried shitless about you. You called in sick to work, you didn't answer your calls, you didn't even answer when Robin phoned to check on you, I didn't know what had happened to you."

"I'm sorry," you whispered.

The look of relief on his face fell to pain and confusion again, one that he had been wearing all week since your small spat.

"What's been going on?" He asked.

"I... I didn't think you'd want to see me," you shrugged.

He cocked an eyebrow at you. "Why wouldn't I want to see you? I love you; I never don't want to see you."

You shrugged your shoulders. "After our argument, I just thought you'd never forgive me, and you'd never want to see me again."

It didn't make sense to him, but he knew that sometimes the train of thoughts you had didn't make sense to him, but if they made sense to you then they had to matter.

"There wasn't anything to forgive, Y/N," he explained. "It was a stupid argument, every couple has them, it didn't matter, and I definitely wouldn't want to break up with you about it. I'm not mad with you, I don't even care about that argument, I just care about you and was worried what happened to you."

Your lower lip begun to quiver. "I'm sorry."

Steve shook his head at you. "Don't apologise, just please don't do it again."

You tearfully nodded your head. He opened his arms, within seconds enveloping you in a tight, warm embrace that you had missed so much over the previous week.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.