Eddie Munson- Winter Formal: Part 1 (c)

Even though you had a boyfriend, you didn't have a date for the winter formal. You loved Eddie with all of your heart, but high school dances weren't his normal scene, and you didn't even bother asking him if he wanted to go as you couldn't ever imagine seeing him there. You wanted to go to the dance, but you weren't going to force him to go, so you found a friend date instead. Robin wasn't able to find a date seen as she was a lesbian in a closed-minded town, so you were going to be her date and she was happily standing in for the metalhead that had never slow danced in his life.

Part of you did want to go with Eddie but you knew you'd still have a great night with Robin, and it would be better than not going at all. He hadn't even openly acknowledged the dance to you, merely overlooking its existence and talking more about the Christmas break that was happening the week after.

For the dance you had bought a new dress from one of the thrift stores in town, going with a festive green and wearing your old trainers underneath, hidden by the skirt of the dress you had picked. You finished up your hair and makeup before you prepared to head out and pick up Robin seen as she didn't drive. You grabbed your purse as the doorbell rang.

You paused. No one was meant to be coming by that evening, most of the people you knew going to the dance tonight. Even though you had no guess for who could be at the door, you opened it anyway.

There on your doorstep stood Eddie Munson, but he didn't look like the Eddie Munson you knew. His normal leather jacket and ripped denim vest was swapped for an ill-fitting suit, partnered with a candy cane covered tie that you swore you had bought his uncle for Christmas the year before. His normal main of dark brown hair was still curly but seemingly had been brushed or somewhat tamed.

"Eddie?" You grinned, shocked to see him there.

"Surprise," he smiled in return.

"What are you doing here?"

He shrugged his shoulders, looking down at your feet. "I know how much this dance meant to you and I wanted to make it special for you."

You felt a warm fuzzy feeling in your chest. Eddie did always make you feel special, but this was still a surprise, and you were beyond happy to see him there.

"What about Robin?" You asked, not wanting to bail on your best friend after you agreed to take her as your date.

"Don't worry about Robin," he assured you. "She gave me her blessing and I convinced Steve to go with her."

That was your only real concern and without that you could feel the immense joy that was bubbling within you. You launched yourself at him to pull him into a tight embrace.

"I can't believe you'd do this for me."

"Well believe it, Cinderella, and wait until you see your carriage to take you to the ball."

You cocked an eyebrow at him. You exited your home, locking up the house before you followed him down the driveway to his van. Across the back doors of the van were taped snowflakes, slightly shoddily made but they were appreciated beyond measure. Eddie swung open the back doors, revealing the inside.

Normally the back of his van was filled with miscellaneous crap and a layer of assorted trash but all of that had been removed and replaced with what seemed like a homemade grotto. The floor of the van was coated in an assortment of white blankets to look like show, whilst the walls and ceiling were decorated with tinsel, baubles every decoration you had seen sold at Melvald's.

"This is amazing, Eddie," you smiled, pushing yourself up onto your tiptoes so that you could press your lips to his. "I love it."

"And I love you," he said. "So much so that I am taking you to a dance and I am going to make a fool of myself on that dancefloor just for you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.