Eddie Munson- Prom: Part 3 (c)

The ride was quiet as you headed to the prom. In the dream night you had planned over the years, you had assumed you'd be travelling via a limousine, rather you were in a barely functioning old van, but now that you were there, you wouldn't have changed a thing. The drive wasn't too long and soon Eddie pulled up outside of the school. As soon as the engine turned off, Eddie jumped out and rushed around to the passenger door to open it for you.

"Lady Y/N," he grinned, bowing in front of you.

You let out a gleeful giggle. He had called you it before and bowed and been his dramatic self for the majority of your friendship, but you felt that this time it was different.

He reached a hand out to take yours and helped you step down from the van, closing the door behind you.

"Thank you, kind sir," you smiled warmly.

Eddie looked down at your hand within his and took a second to consider. He wanted to hold onto your hand and never let it go and hoped that it wouldn't be too weird if he continued to hold it as he escorted you into the main hall of the school where the dance was taking place.

Loud music blared throughout the room as your classmates danced around in equally gaudy outfits. You had never gotten along with most of the student body and didn't care to spend time with them, and maybe that would have been a thought that should have deterred you from attending. Glittery and shiny decorations covered the walls and hung from the ceiling, leaving your senses overwhelmed from the onslaught of everything.

"Well, this is something," he whispered.

"It's honestly how I expected it."

You could feel a clamminess between your clasped hands but you weren't sure which of you it was from.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked. "That's what we're meant to do right?"

You smiled at him, his uncertainty making you feel less nervous.

"I know this isn't exactly your scene, and honestly I don't think this is my scene either," you sighed.

Eddie raised an eyebrow at you. "Do you want to leave?"

"I don't want you to have wasted your night to just bring me to the school for nothing."

He shrugged his shoulders. "We can grab something to eat and listen to music in my van that doesn't make my ears feel like they are going to bleed."

A smile curled back onto your lips. You nodded your head.

"Only if you're sure, but I think that that sounds far more like our idea of fun than being here."

He didn't need to be told twice. His grip tightened on your hand as he led you straight back out of the door you had just entered and to his van.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.