Chapter 54 - Prepping To Become A Villainess

Start from the beginning

Shocked at the unexpected sound, Valentina almost fell from the swing but felt her back braced by something. Or somebody.

A large hand grasped her back and gently pushed her forward until she was stable. She grabbed the two chains of the swing and gently tilted her head backward.

Looking up, the person behind her was a familiar face.

"You're back early," Valentina stated as a greeting.

"And you're up late." Was his bland reply. He looked as if he had just arrived from work as he was in his usual black suit that was fully buttoned up. He moved to stand in front of her and asked.

"Why are you upset?"

"I'm not upset."

"You sound upset to me."

"Really," Valentina gave a bitter laugh, "I'm not upset, I am giving myself positive affirmations."

Smiling at the avoidant answer, kaiser shifted until he was standing beside her while leaning on the swing pole.

"Valentina. Why are you giving yourself affirmations at this time of night?"

Valentina swung herself a bit before responding,

"I...am a new actress and I just finished my first two roles. I was really excited to have finished the role and I thought I had performed to the satisfaction of the director. I was happy to see myself on screen when I went to the premiere. But...they've been releasing the promotional material for Spring Love, and it seems that they've made the decision to cut out my scenes. I am not in any of the trailers or cast photos or anything so that just killed my mood."

Seeing that Kaiser didn't say anything, Valentina continued as if talking to herself.

"I know I really shouldn't complain since I got paid, but it still sucks, and I was really looking forward to watching my scenes on tv. It would have been my first major accomplishment. Now that I'm prepping for another audition, I worry that even if I get the role, the same thing will happen again. You already know what my situation is like at Black Rock Entertainment. I've been lucky so far but I need to show some results."

"Still, it's okay. It just means I have to try harder in the future."

When Valentina glanced up at Kaiser, she saw that he was completely focused on her. His dark grey eyes, barely visible in the dark stared intently at her and there was an awkward silence.

Before Valentina could speak again, Kaiser interrupted.

"Do you want me to do something about it?"

"What?"

"I may not look like it, but I do have some pull in the entertainment industry. Roman could speak to the director-"