25. Sweet Nothing

One month later

Things settled back down to normal

Things settled back down to normal. As normal as they can be after something like that. Advait is back in his home and on bedrest. Anybody barely let's him move. He tried to work from home but his mother took his laptop away too. It's too much of a pain to work in a condition such as his. He had a head injury for goodness sake.

I've been there for a while, helping with stuff and now I have settled back in my own home. I hang back my clothes in the closet, the ones Shaira dropped at the Kapoor mansion. Everybody asked her to shift too but she needed to be with Veera bua.

Yuvaan just- he just doesn't want to see anyone.

Shaira walks upto me and traces her hands down my arms. "It's okay, I'll do the rest, let it be." I shake my head and pick another shirt up to hang. "It's fine. How is Yuvaan?" I feel her sigh behind me, resting her cheek against my back.

"From what Trisha said, he is still very hostile and angry it seems. He wants to be alone but he can't be left alone. His wounds are healing fine with time. The smaller ones are just scars now, the bigger ones will take some more time. His legs are...not any better."

It's not like I blame him. I understand his side. I would've wanted to be left alone too if something like that ever happened to me. But I am seeing this from the opposite side. And I see how everyone else feels.

"How is Advait?" I nod a couple times. "Better. His wounds will take longer to heal. He is still on a restricted diet because of his liver and, his leg is still in a cast. Nobody let's him get out of bed. There is always somebody with him so he doesn't bore himself to death."

I hear a single breath of laughter before it dies. "And how is Firdaus? The last time I talked to her, she sounded off. How is she?"

"Bitter and in doubt." I see how the accident changed everything. While Yuvaan doesn't really want Trisha with him in this condition, he only talks to her and no one else. Advait on the other hand, talks to everyone but Firdaus. He has pushed her to an arms length and she doesn't pester him much. Worried that it will affect his health.

Shaira and I untangle ourselves and get on with our day. She leaves for her office and I fall on the couch. I've taken one more day off from office, giving my father his chance to live his glory days again. I'll go back to work tomorrow.

I almost fall asleep there but I feel eyes on me and I turn. Darsh peeks out of his room and hides behind it when I see him. I pretend to look away and watch him lean out again through the corner of my eye. What new game is this?

I've been gone for too long. Darsh stayed with Shaira. Everytime I called her, he was either asleep or doing something a bit away. Even his winter vacation passed in between all this. We couldn't go on that vacation he so wanted.

"What are you doing Darsh?" He jumps at my voice and bangs his head on the wall. "Ouch!"

This kid. I get off the couch and crouch infront of him. "It's okay, show me." His temple is a little red and I put pressure on it. "It's fine, it'll be okay. Does it hurt? You want an ice pack? Or a heating pack? I'm not sure what works better in this situation. I'll ask your mom-"